Need Tips for My Young Boys Curls

weaverweaver Registered Users Posts: 5
I've got subtle curls and my husband has naturally quite curly hair too so there's no surprise that our little Freddie has ended up with a curly bonnet as well. I've never been too sure how to manage his curls. Now he's nearly 4, the curls are getting crazy so I want to make sure that I treat them in the right way and don't go ruining them as he looks great when the curls are in full flow. I'm after a few tips from other moms and some clarification on some of the tips that I've read as you're never too sure what suggestions are worth noting. So I've read that with a child similar to Freddie's age, you probably don't really need to use shampoo when washing the hair, is this true? I read a blog comment on another website that sells hair, beauty & fashion items, that making your own shampoo may be better and won't draw out all the essential oils from the hair. They've suggested an egg yolk, oil and honey mix. One thing I do already do with my own hair, is wash it with cold water after washing, allowing it to dry naturally. That definitely helps when it comes to stopping frizzyness. Are there any good tips that are easy to follow and child friendly?. Thanks guys.

Comments

• weaverweaver Registered Users Posts: 5
    weaver wrote: »
    I've got subtle curls and my husband has naturally quite curly hair too so there's no surprise that our little Freddie has ended up with a curly bonnet as well. I've never been too sure how to manage his curls. Now he's nearly 4, the curls are getting crazy so I want to make sure that I treat them in the right way and don't go ruining them as he looks great when the curls are in full flow. I'm after a few tips from other moms and some clarification on some of the tips that I've read as you're never too sure what suggestions are worth noting. So I've read that with a child similar to Freddie's age, you probably don't really need to use shampoo when washing the hair, is this true? I read a blog comment on another website that sells hair, beauty & fashion items, that making your own shampoo may be better and won't draw out all the essential oils from the hair. They've suggested an egg yolk, oil and honey mix. One thing I do already do with my own hair, is wash it with cold water after washing, allowing it to dry naturally. That definitely helps when it comes to stopping frizzyness. Are there any good tips that are easy to follow and child friendly?. Thanks guys.

I'll post a picture of some of little Freddie's good and bad hair days when I can dig them out.
  • weaverweaver Registered Users Posts: 5
    I've just discovered Rochelle Masella's Youtube channel, absolutely loving it. The article featured on this site called '3 Easy Ways to Exfoliate Your Scalp This Fall' is very interesting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file