Don't know what to do with my Hair

mango1999mango1999 Posts: 2Registered Users
Hello!

I'm writing this topic today because I have struggled with frizzy curly hair forever and I'm tired of it. I want to know if I can do something about it. I have I think 3b hair, its really frizzy and dry. I'm aiming for softer hair and preventing my curls from going apart.

Please recommend me products or techniques to help my hair!

Attached is a picture of my hair

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I would first try to find out what your porosity is. Do you know whether your hair is high or low porosity? That will help tremendously in pinpointing products and techniques that will help you.

For softer hair, I would try an oil treatment pre-shampoo. You put a little bit of oil on your dry hair and let it penetrate for several hours, after which you wash it out as usual. Many people use coconut oil for this, but others use olive oil or sunflower oil. Some people can be sensitive to different oils, so don't be too heavy handed until you know how your hair reacts. I would start by using just enough oil to make your hair slightly greasy looking.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would highly suggest getting and reading Curly Girl: The Handbook. It's the "bible" of curly hair care. I can tell that with the right techniques your hair will be so gorgeous. Following the CG method was the best thing I ever did for my hair. One of the keys is to stop using sulfates (or maybe even shampoo altogether), and not use any products containing silicones or chemicals that build up on your hair. Before you start you need one final rinse with a clarifying shampoo to get rid of any buildup or silicones you have on your hair. Then you use CG friendly products on your hair. Most people notice an immediate improvement in definition and curl and it just keeps getting better. For inspiration, you may want to check out this thread:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/47609-post-your-before-after-cg-pics.html

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I second getting the curly girl book. I never actually got the book, but I found this site, and learned all about the curly girl method a few years ago, and it TRANSFORMED my hair
    Have you tried putting conditioner, or a leave in conditioner, and then some gel, in your hair immediately after showering?

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • mango1999mango1999 Posts: 2Registered Users
    I put on the olive oil & mango butter leave in conditioner right after taking a shower the day before, my hair in the picture is second day hair.

also I did try the curly hair method without using shampoo but my scalp didnt feel clean so i just went back to using shampoo again.

btw I have low porosity hair
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Did you try to full on CG method, or just ditching shampoo? Because there is lots more to it than shampoo, especially if you keep using non CG products. Also, with shampoo, some people need to use it all the times, whilst others only occasionally.... lots of middle ground. Anyway the book is a great starting point, or just lingering on this site and reading what you can. You get so many ideas that way.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    A lot of us with low-porosity hair shampoo 2-3 times a week. If you have low-porosity hair, your hair may be having a hard time absorbing moisture from your conditioner. Conditioning with heat might help you. I think some people just take a warm shower, apply their conditioner, put on a shower cap, and then leave the cap on their head for 20-30 minutes (you can finish your shower stuff and then get out of the shower and let the conditioner sit). Some people wrap a towel on the cap to further hold in the heat. Some people aim a blow dryer at the cap for a while. Then you rinse the conditioner out and add your styling products as usual. Some people who struggle with getting moisture into their hair do this deep treatment with heat once a week.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file