Needing a new routine

ibraidhairibraidhair Posts: 343Registered Users
I used to frequent this forum several years ago. I had a great routine that I loved. Then I had kids. And my hair got longer.

For the past 2 years, I've just resorted to wearing my hair up 99% of the time because I can't make it look good anymore. I only wear it down if it's flat ironed (which happens like twice a year). With a toddler and a baby, I just don't have the time to devote to it like I used to.

So, I was hoping I could find someone to help me come up with a quick-and-easy routine for very long 2c/3a hair.

Comments

• SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 380Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What was your routine before the kids came along?
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!
  • ibraidhairibraidhair Posts: 343Registered Users
    Savagegirl-
    haha... It's been so long, I'm not sure I remember exactly.
    I detangled in the shower with conditioner in. (I can't comb afterwards or it destroys my curl pattern.) After the shower, I applied Curl Keeper and then plopped with a t-shirt for about 10 minutes. Smoothed on and squeezed in aloe vera gel (sometimes LA Natural gel if I wanted more hold) and scrunched with a t-shirt. Air dried, touching as little as possible.
    I pineappled it at night, and I would reactivate with water and lime juice in a spray bottle, and touch up with aloe vera gel.
    Save
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 380Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Which parts dont you have time for anymore? The one thing i dont have time for with kids are the steam treatments and dc (i am low po) which I do when I am travelling for work. As for the rest... hood dryer to the rescue!!
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!
    I guess the main thing is air drying. It takes 4+ hours for my hair to air dry. A lot of times before kids, I would go to bed with wet hair and throw it up over the top of my pillow to dry. But getting up multiple times during the night to take care of the baby, it's just not practical anymore.
    Also, these days I find myself jumping in the shower like 20 minutes before I have to go somewhere, so my hair ends up drying while I'm out. I have stopped even attempting to do that, because it just gets progressively fluffier as it dries and I have no way of fixing it while I'm out, so I just always put it up while it's wet.

I'm also with you.... I don't have time to care for it like I used to with deep conditioning and stuff. I think that's probably part of why I'm not getting the results I used to.
  • BabyfineBabyfine Posts: 149Registered Users Curl Novice
    Hi! I don't have much advice as but I just wanted to say I looked at your blog and your hair is gorgeous.!
    I'm looking for more curl, body, volume, and shine-a miracle really.
    Poos" Nioxin, Devacurl, Jessicurl
    Leave in: Ouidad Moisture Lock/B'leavein
    Rinse out: VO5 Kiwi Lime, Mane and Tail,Too Shea
    Mousse: Oscar Blandi Hair Life, Ouidad Playcurl
    Gel: Devacurl Light defining gel
    Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file