We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

creative pumpkin decorating ideas please

krispykrispy Posts: 320Registered Users
my work is having a contest to decorate a 7 lb pumpkin creatively. I am not at all artsy-craftsy or creative AND i'm competing with 3 people (twenty-somethings vs. my age 52)from the art dept! I am a LEO and I want to win :compress:
Any thoughts? We can carve, paint, add sequins, etc...
Thanks!
2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,565Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    last year, i got a white pumpkin and pinned stretch lace ribbon all over it, then spray painted it black. when i took the ribbon off, there was a lacy design painted all over. the best part is that the squirrels didn't want to eat it because of the paint, so it lasted through the season until i put it in the compost pile later in November.
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This always made me laugh.
    2987200083_eac18f57ff%5B1%5D.jpg

So does this.
    7747c5264122c3349bab5415604dc3ef.jpg

But seriously, you can google it or look on pinterest. Since it's a contest for your job, I think it would be funny if the pumpkin looked was decorated to look like a beleaguered office worker! Or a celebrity!

eta - OK I can't embed links for some reason but check sites like this out: /home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fastcompany.com%2F3037835%2Fthe-recommender%2Fthe-15-most-creative-pumpkins-on-instagram" class="Popup

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,860Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    What industry are you in? Maybe something along those lines?

I think the drilled ones are really neat, and would be easy to do.

maxresdefault.jpg
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    i also have a white craft pumpkin from Michael's and i used thin black ribbon to outline all the spines on it.

when i put it out next week, i'll have to take a photo.
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

• TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,289Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh wait, this isn't what you meant??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CurlTalk App
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    imageshow-pumpkin-pies-are-really-made.jpg

I'VE GOT IT!

A Donald Trumpkin:

tumblr_nwypzcJlDt1qad0yco1_400.jpg

^^^^ now THAT is truly scary!!!!
    :compress:
    My blog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file