new job, like it but not challenging, what to do?

krispykrispy Posts: 320Registered Users
Hi all,
I got a job a month ago with nice people, laid-back atmosphere, good benefits, great commute and ok pay. I suffer from anxiety and there is none here! :thumright:Problem is it's boring and not challenging.They said in 2 more months, i'd get an additional $1.00 hour and be trained as backup on accounts payable. Fact is though, unless company grows, my job is pretty much printing/emailing invoices and filing. I'm 52 and still have a brain so i'd like something a bit more challenging. I will mention that to my boss in a couple of months but they didn't mislead me, they did say what the job was. So do i just stay and be grateful or look for something else ? Any advice is welcome.
2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,880Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Is there anywhere they are lacking that you think you could help with? Social media is a biggy a lot of companies struggle with. Not sure what the field is, but customer interaction? Either dealing with issues or follow ups. Ask someone else if they need help with something?
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,525Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    There are tons of free online courses and tutorials for various software. Ask if you can spend your spare time taking those in an area of interest to you or need for the company. You could also offer to write a company newsletter or make cold calls soliciting new business. Or maybe ask to shadow someone in another, higher position so you can crosstrain.

Would help to know the industry; that could help us to make suggestions.

But low stress, nice ppl, decent pay? Congrats!

• krispykrispy Posts: 320Registered Users
    Thanks for the great ideas ladies! I am the billing clerk for a company that does advertising on buses and trolleys. We use Quickbooks. It's a small company, we already have a bookkeeper and a credit manager. The sales dept solicits the new business. But i like these ideas and welcome any more :)
    2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
    SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file