What am I doing wrong?

Gaynor.SmithGaynor.Smith Posts: 4Registered Users
Hi there,
I am trying the curly girl method on my 3a hair. I have the DVD of the method, and have tried to follow as best I can. As I understand it, I shouldn't rake my fingers through my hair for conditioning. And then, when I add the styling product, I should bend over and scrunch the product in my hair. I have tried this for two washes now, without much success. Scrunching the product in means that the bottom of my hair is in tight spirals, but the top part is not. I feel that in order to get an even distribution, I need to rake my products through my hair, but that messes up the curl clumps.
I would be really grateful for any advice anyone can give me.
Thanks

Comments

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Try raking products in while hair is soaking wet and then scrunching. Try right side up scrunching, too.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    If I rake products in, I sometimes add some water from the faucet to my hair afterward to re-create clumps. I scrunch the water in, kind of like a styling product. I do have to blot my hair afterward to get rid of any excess water. Some people don't like to do that because they believe they're losing too much product into the towel, but I've never had that problem.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I always rake everything in to wet hair, then I scrunch it with a small bit of water on my hands , a very small ammt. Then scrunch with a T-shirt. Everyone is different, so don't let anyone tell you that you can't rake stuff in or whatever :)

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file