HELP! hair has no curl at the root, but my hair is straight at the root.

PocahontasDollPocahontasDoll Posts: 5Registered Users
okay hello, I have this huge problem with my hair having these visible straight pieces sticking out of my head and they bend. like they whirl around themselves. okay i'm very aware of the fact that I am a 2c/3a/3b curl pattern, with silky texture and fine texture, med- high density, low- med porosity my hair seems to dislike heavy creams and butters so i usually have to straighten my hair for a heavier cream or else it'll just be all greasy and won't penetrate. now let me remind you guys i'm working on getting a lighter cream cause this one is heavy for my hair which is not good.
my curls are spiral like in the middle of my head and they are higher in density. now i know i don't have 3c hair in that area because i can't use heavy products like that so i think that also comes from my 3b side because you tend to have ringlets and corkscrews in that hairtype. but anyway is this common for wavy/curly hair to have no root curl and be straight from the root? because when i was little i had very silky straight hair. i also can't use things like relaxers, perms, or texturizers, im guessing cause my strands are baby fine but my hair straightens easily. and i have to find a lighter cream cause it's so heavy for my 2c side.
my hair is also growing out flat even though my hair is medium to high density, is that also normal?

P.S my hair is very silky and VERY thick and can be unruly at times. but when you put product on it my hair goes so flat and limp... i have very limp hair i can't even do afros.... my hair is that fine..

Comments

• PocahontasDollPocahontasDoll Posts: 5Registered Users
    okay hello, I have this huge problem with my hair having these visible straight pieces sticking out of my head and they bend. like they whirl around themselves. okay i'm very aware of the fact that I am a 2c/3a/3b curl pattern, with silky texture and fine texture, med- high density, low- med porosity my hair seems to dislike heavy creams and butters so i usually have to straighten my hair for a heavier cream or else it'll just be all greasy and won't penetrate. now let me remind you guys i'm working on getting a lighter cream cause this one is heavy for my hair which is not good.
    my curls are spiral like in the middle of my head and they are higher in density. now i know i don't have 3c hair in that area because i can't use heavy products like that so i think that also comes from my 3b side because you tend to have ringlets and corkscrews in that hairtype. but anyway is this common for wavy/curly hair to have no root curl and be straight from the root? because when i was little i had very silky straight hair. i also can't use things like relaxers, perms, or texturizers, im guessing cause my strands are baby fine but my hair straightens easily. and i have to find a lighter cream cause it's so heavy for my 2c side.
    my hair is also growing out flat even though my hair is medium to high density, is that also normal?

P.S my hair is very silky and VERY thick and can be unruly at times. but when you put product on it my hair goes so flat and limp... i have very limp hair i can't even do afros.... my hair is that fine..[/QUOTE]

I have noticed type 2 hair can be flat... well my hair is flat at the top and my hair is growing down and it's not growing out.
  • joslin2005joslin2005 Posts: 43Registered Users
    It sounds like you need to use products that are for low porosity hair. My hair is low porosity and many products will weigh my hair down. I can't use a leave in, co wash as it leaves my waves limp and too heavy on my hair. Most curlies don't use shampoo but my hair doesn't like cowashing. I have to shampoo. Right now I am using Mop Top gentle shampoo and the daily conditioner. It doesn't weigh my hair down and makes it feel very soft and manageable. As far as the root curl, I apply the KCCC (Kinky Curly Curling Custard) to all my hair when it is very wet. I start at the roots and work my way up to my roots. Then, I scrunch all over including my roots. The scrunching gives my roots some curl. If I don't scrunch and apply product, my hair will have no curl at the roots. I also have to watch about it getting flat at my roots and frizzes more at the crown.

Here is a link for product recommendations on low porosity. Top 15 Products for Low Porosity Hair Here is a another good link on low porosity hair. 4 Things You Can't Do When You Have Low Porosity Hair One more thing you might want to consider is clarifying. Low porosity hair is prone to get build up. You said your hair gets flat and limp which can be a sign you need to clarify. I used the Mop Top clarifying rescue and worked wonders on my hair. Hope some of that helped.
    Curl Pattern: 2B/2C ( I think), LP, high density, coarse
    I'm experimenting with the following....
    Shampoo: Mop Top gentle shampoo, Mop Top clarifying rescue treatment
    Conditioner: Mop Top Daily Conditioner
    Leave in: As I am, KKKT
    Gel: Kinky Curly Custard, Cantu define and shine custard
    Refresher: Geranium Refresher Spray (2c distilled water+5 drops of geranium essential oil), DIY spray gel (1 T Mop Top custard + 1 oz distilled water)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file