The PJ in me is happy....

rymorg2rymorg2 Registered Users Posts: 2,571
My PJ monster reared it's head. And I got paid. Lol that equals shopping spree!!

So I'd already bought KCKT, KCCC and CRNCM earlier this week. Today I placed a CM order for CJRM and UFDCM. Need a good pt and the UFD used to be a hg for me. Also went to the CJ site and ordered DF, AFG, HBDF, CF, PP, and CCCC (I prefer the thicker one). Then at Kroger I found pink ecostyler gel and the Curls Goddess Curls ff gel and got both.

Done for a bit.

Today I cleansed and did a DT with my wen. Then applied KCKT and CRNCM only. It did ok, but it seemed better the other day as an enhancer under a harder hold gel.
Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Low poo: looking
COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Sounds like you have a lot of fun experimenting ahead! :) I just got my hair cut the other day, and I foolishly asked my stylist if she had any hard-hold gels she could recommend, plus a good heat protectant for second-day hair. Sixty dollars later, I am set. :( I bought three products, and I've tried two of them so far, and they both appear to be winners.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Registered Users Posts: 2,571
    Therese1 wrote: »
    Sounds like you have a lot of fun experimenting ahead! :) I just got my hair cut the other day, and I foolishly asked my stylist if she had any hard-hold gels she could recommend, plus a good heat protectant for second-day hair. Sixty dollars later, I am set. :( I bought three products, and I've tried two of them so far, and they both appear to be winners.

Ohhh do tell!! What did you get? I'm a stylist, I can recommend all day to other people but I struggle with my own curl lol.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I got the Aveda flaxseed aloe gel, the Bumble and Bumble Spray de Mode, and the Aveda Retexturing Gel. I used each of them once so far.

The flax aloe gel was amazing...it gave me lots of texture and crunch but no frizz, and it was very lightweight. I think the smoothing effect is from the water-soluble silicone. I got four or five days of nice hair out of it, which never happens.

The Spray de Mode was recommended for me not so much as a hairspray but as a heat protectant for second-day hair. So if I decide to use a wand to touch up my curls on day 2 (they get really flat by my face), I spray my hair with the hairspray and then use the heat tools. It works really well from what I can see--it's extremely flexible and not sticky. I tried it today as a regular hairspray for holding my curls after diffusing, and I didn't like it for that--it didn't have enough hold. But maybe I didn't use enough.

The jury is out on the Retexturing Gel. I used it today for the first time. It didn't have as much hold as I was looking for, but I might not have used enough. It was very moisturizing, which I didn't expect. It may be nice in the winter. I am protein sensitive, and this has protein in it, but it is wheat protein, which is more moisturizing than drying, I think.
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    What is your hair texture? My hair stylist also recommended the Oribe Rock Hard Gel (with silicones) and the Aveda Confixor gel (for a hard-hold gel with crunch). I have very fine hair.

My stylist loves Oribe, but it's so expensive, and almost all of their products have silicones. Their Cleansing Creme (co-wash) doesn't have silicones, though, and I love it! It's very hydrating, and the proteins don't seem to make the hair too dry. The smell is lovely too.
    Oh that sounds wonderful! I've never gotten to try Oribe. Can't use Aveda, they put lavender in EVERYTHING.

My hair is a mix of 2b, 2c, and the odd 3a theown in for good measure. It's fine, dense, high porosity. And right now it's recovering from being smashed into submission by my flat iron for some time. It'll be awhile before it looks like it's as curly as it possibly can. I've got a plan in place, and I've been mostly modified cg anyway, so it'll be ok. But I'm going to try going total cg again. Switching back to modified is no biggie.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I should addvthat the 2b/2c/3a would be in Fia typing. Typing here I'd be 2a/3a.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    20160928_080127.jpg

This will hopefully work....this is my wurls one day last week. And that's with them being weakened by round brushes and flat irons!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Well....i saw on another site 2c gets the most frizz and poofs out some from the face. I definitely have fine hair but that explains my hair to a tee lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using CurlTalk App

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nice waves! Your hair reminds me of naturecat's avatar with the large-diameter curls.
    Therese1 wrote: »
    Nice waves! Your hair reminds me of naturecat's avatar with the large-diameter curls.

Thank you! Yep, large diameter curls, like, broomstick sized?? But I love my hair. I just clarified....starting fresh cg tomorrow!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I clarified last night and this morning I used my Eden cowash. It did pretty good. Used kckt as a rinse out then added a touch back for li. Used crncm topped with curls goddess gel, plopped, diffused, and did smasters trchnique with a little more crncm. Diffused mostly dry then sotc with talia waajid curl cream. O....M....GOODNESS..... getting lots of complements and loving my wurls!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using CurlTalk App

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I actually have decent second day hair today!! I hopped in the shower after exercising and scrunched in handfulls of water, then added a little crncm and pink ecostyler gel. Plopped, diffused, sotc with Talia Waajid Curly curl cream. My wurls are coming back!!

My curlmart order shipped! I heard from Marsha at CJ though....the deep fix arrives for shipping on Thursday so my order will be shipped then.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    Haha, I love being known for those big patterns now. :) Even though they could be hard to work with. I used to not like it and envy people with tinier and more consistent patterns. Another poster on here, Jessica Wile, described my curls as "beachy curls" and that made me see them in a whole new light and embrace them. :) I'm glad you are also enjoying your beachy wurls.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
    naturecat wrote: »
    Haha, I love being known for those big patterns now. :) Even though they could be hard to work with. I used to not like it and envy people with tinier and more consistent patterns. Another poster on here, Jessica Wile, described my curls as "beachy curls" and that made me see them in a whole new light and embrace them. :) I'm glad you are also enjoying your beachy wurls.

Right there with ya! I've always wanted curlier hair but I guess the grass is always greener. I started out at 2a. 2b was right around the corner, and 2c not too far behind. I've had a few consistant 3a days too, but not enough to call it straight 3a!! I'll take beachy curls! I've always called them wurls lol.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Naturecat, do you have a link for a recipe for irish moss jelly? And where do you get the moss? Thanks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    Beachy Whirls (or wurls even) sound even better, like a lazy day at the beach (since we both have "lazy curls").

My Irish Moss Jelly... hmm. Let me think a moment. I think I use 2 tsp Irish Moss Powder to 1.5 cups water. Then for more moisture I add 1 tsp rosemary powder and 1 bag teapigs chamomile tea. I let the powders and tea sit in the very hot water for about an hour, then strain. Longer = stronger thicker formula. Then I put in a whole bunch of essential oil drops to cover the sea smell (I use cinnamon). I keep it in the fridge, and actually I have a batch now that's lasted over a month, but I did put in some colloidal silver to preserve it. Irish moss normally lasts only days if not preserved. I got my irish moss on mountainroseherbs. In the future I may try the chopped roots vs the powder, as it might be easier to sift afterwards; I'll have to see.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
    Beachy Whirls (or wurls even) sound even better, like a lazy day at the beach (since we both have "lazy curls").

My Irish Moss Jelly... hmm. Let me think a moment. I think I use 2 tsp Irish Moss Powder to 1.5 cups water. Then for more moisture I add 1 tsp rosemary powder and 1 bag teapigs chamomile tea. I let the powders and tea sit in the very hot water for about an hour, then strain. Longer = stronger thicker formula. Then I put in a whole bunch of essential oil drops to cover the sea smell (I use cinnamon). I keep it in the fridge, and actually I have a batch now that's lasted over a month, but I did put in some colloidal silver to preserve it. Irish moss normally lasts only days if not preserved. I got my irish moss on mountainroseherbs. In the future I may try the chopped roots vs the powder, as it might be easier to sift afterwards; I'll have to see.

Thanks for that!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My curlmart order arrived today! So I'm doing a PT tomorrow! My cj order shipped but I'm oot for work next week and it probably won't come till I leave. ��

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,356 Curl Connoisseur
    did you get the cj repair me from curl mart? love, love, love that stuff!
    of course, my hair loves all cj! :laughing6:

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
    rbb wrote: »

Sure did! Its back on the cj site now too though, i think I saw it earlier. My hair loves all cj too!! I haven't bought any in forever....it was time to stock up!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rymorg2 wrote: »

Sure did! Its back on the cj site now too though, i think I saw it earlier. My hair loves all cj too!! I haven't bought any in forever....it was time to stock up!

So I got a few more things today. I was lucky to find a beauty supply store here that carries a few products from some curlmart brands! DB, but they didnt have the pumpkin condish. CJ! I bough curl rehab in strawberry. And they had some KBB too. Then I got AOWC conditioner, Earth Science FF condish, VO5 kiwi condish and cantu cowash.

So I used Cantu cowash and likwd it pretty well!! Then I slathered CJRM! on and am leaving on for about another 10 mins. Then I'll rinse and follow with CJCR for about half an hour, rinse, and apply products and plop.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,356 Curl Connoisseur
    ok, now you know you have to report back how your hair liked the cjrm after so many years!! each and every time i use it, i am always still astounded how great my hair looks.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
    ok, now you know you have to report back how your hair liked the corm after so many years!! each and every time i use it, i am always still astounded how great my hair looks.

Omg....I forgot how well it works! My hair is soooooo soft.....and wurly!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file