dry ends at end of day ? tried everything !!!

I've been having good hair days for the most part using SM curl and shine milk and then Ouidad climate and control gel. Hair is shiny and defined from morning til about 5:00 pm. Then ends are dry and fuzzy and i need to add more water and some more gel to get them to look good again. I tried sealing to no avail. Any other thoughts? Thanks!
2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sounds like your ends are high porosity, which is pretty normal. what did you use to seal?
    have you tried a protein treatment?

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,562Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Have you tried putting a bit of oil on your dry ends overnight, so that it soaks in while you sleep? I wonder if that would help at all.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • NYCgirlNYCgirl Posts: 236Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Could it be an indication that you might need a trim? In my case, these "symptoms" you've mentioned usually mean its time for a trim.
    • Oils: EVOO,JBCO, Almond Oil
    • Cleanse: SM JBCO Replenishing Shampoo, Jane Carter's Conditioning and Cleansing Co-Wash
    • Pre-poo: Trader Joe's Coconut Oil, Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
    • LI: CRN The Leave-in Collection,
    • DC: LUSH Deep Conditioning Treatment by Miche Beauty, Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
    • PT: CJ Repair Me, Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner
    • Style: CRN Curl Maker, KCCC, WetLine Xtreme Gel, Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
  • marleenymarleeny Posts: 10Registered Users
    After i'm done fixing my hair in the morning, I let it air dry, then once it's dry I add some coconut oil on the bottom half of my hair, all the way down to my ends. This helps in making sure that my hair doesn't look so stilff from the products I used while it air dried because it loosens up my hair and relaxes it. It ALSO helps in keeping my ends look very soft and relaxed. I keep it in my purse and add on again 4-5 hours later, just to keep it from looking dry.

i have high porous hair by the way. Hope this helps! :thumright:
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I also use Ouidad Climate Control gel at times, and I find that if I use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie on the bottom/dry, fuzzy parts, when my hair is almost dry, or dry, that it makes it look and feel really good. It also only takes a VERY small amount. I also use Jessicurl Spiralicious, and I have to do the same thing, and I use the SMCES on the bottom 1/3 before my gels go in, after my regular leave in as well. My hair NEEDS that stuff. HTH

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file