Layering Products for 2C Hair

virgnia018virgnia018 Registered Users Posts: 1
Hi ladies,
I'm new to the forum and am looking for advice on my frizzy, porous 2C Hair. What is the best way to layer my styling products after leave-in conditioner? I recently bought Ouidad Climate Control gel and was told it's great for preventing frizz but not at defining curls, so I should layer it with something. What styling product should I use with it and should I use humidity control before or after the styling product? I prefer a product that keeps my my curls soft, loose and lengthened, not anymore coily. Suggestions? Thanks for the input

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    I used CC briefly in the past. I applied to soaking wet hair. I don't style my hair that way any more, but it did give me nice curls, defined and soft. I'd recommend trying it on its own first and seeing what the effect is on your hair. If you don't know that, then layering will be difficult, as you won't know what you're looking for or what's doing what. CC is a styling product in and of itself. If it doesn't have enough hold on its own for you then you can add a gel or the like on top.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file