Products

YeayeahYeayeah Registered Users Posts: 100 Curl Novice
So I did the hair porosity test yesterday night. I pulled some strands of hair from the right and left front part of my head. and I pulled some strands on the back left and right part of my head. I left them in lukewarm water overnight came back tonight and all the strands of hair is still floating. So I am guessing that I have low porosity hair.

Do you guys know any good leave in conditioners, Shampoo and conditioner, moisturizers and a good hold to hold the moisturizer in my hair for 3c/4a hair with low porosity?

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    Unfortunately, the strand test doesn't work and has been widely debunked. You can find out your hair's porosity by getting a test done (https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/158218594/hair-analysis-physical-properties-of - goosefootprints is widely respected for this), or by washing your hair and letting it dry with no product at all and seeing how quickly it dries. Between 1-3 hours signifies high porosity. 3-5 is medium. 5+ is usually low. (Or roughly something like that!)

Hope that helps :)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • YeayeahYeayeah Registered Users Posts: 100 Curl Novice
    Unfortunately, the strand test doesn't work and has been widely debunked. You can find out your hair's porosity by getting a test done (https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/158218594/hair-analysis-physical-properties-of - goosefootprints is widely respected for this), or by washing your hair and letting it dry with no product at all and seeing how quickly it dries. Between 1-3 hours signifies high porosity. 3-5 is medium. 5+ is usually low. (Or roughly something like that!)

Hope that helps :)

What exactly am I looking at? What is it selling for $20?
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Registered Users Posts: 334 Curl Neophyte
    It's a hair analysis. There's a girl on ETSY called goosefootprints, and you send her about 50 of your hairs, from various parts of your head, and she analyses them, and sends you back a full report about it, including what types of products or ingredients you should/shouldn't use. I've personally never done it, but a lot of people have, and loved it.

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file