Devacurl Decadance Line

jmendoza29jmendoza29 Posts: 21Registered Users
I was not a fan of the Devacurl line. I have mixed hair but it's all in the Type 3 section; ie: 3a on top, 3b on the sides, and the curls closest to the back of my neck are 3c.

Wash Day:
My curls were tighter than ever and they were poppin'. The volume was insane.

Routine:
Devacurl low-poo (since I had product buildup and a semi-greasy scalp): I used a lot in sections of my hair because I didn't feel like it was doing a great job at cleansing my scalp.

One Condition Decadance: I don't use much conditioner to avoid weighing down my hair so that's what I did with the One Condition. The slip was great but it didn't feel moisturizing enough so I moved on to the Supercream

Supercream: I used about a dime size or two. I thought it felt great when I was running my fingers through my hair.

Ultra Defining Gel: I don't really like gels so I used a dime size amount. My hair started to feel crunchy.

By day 2 my hair was frizzy. By day 3 my hair looked like it had not been washed in 4-5 days! It was dry brittle and frizzy. Yesterday I washed it again using No-Poo, One Condition, added Supercream, and omitted the gel (I thought that was the problem). I used a palm full of One Condition and a quarter size amount of Supercream....My hair started to feel crunchy again!

So today, I rinsed out the Supercream and added more One Condition to the parts that felt like they needed moisture. My hair is not lifeless and frizzy. Soft but the frizz and the fact that it dries every few hours is very unappealing.

Hope someone else has better results but so far I am not impressed :(

Comments

• jmendoza29jmendoza29 Posts: 21Registered Users
    Pictures are up on my Instagram: Curlyjenny1683
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Curl Virtuoso Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I love it but I could never wash w/ No Poo and use Decadence One C. My hair would lose all definition and poof into a huge, overly soft mushroom cloud of frizz. When I use a cowash, it needs to be a very minimally conditioning one.

• nu_natural10nu_natural10 Curl Connoisseur Posts: 114Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    When my daughter got her Deva cut a few days ago this is the line they used on her hair. They had to use a little super cream mixed with the conditioner and only rinsed out half of it. It can be used as a leave in too. I'm not buying it (I don't think) I actually like the slip the conditioner provided but I think the Trader Joes tea tree tingle was more moisturizing. Or the same thing at least just much much cheaper.
    Shampoo: Terressetials Mud Wash (lavender or lemon)
    Co-Wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Conditioner
    Deep Conditioner: Anita Grant's Rhassoul Deep Condish
    Leave In: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Creams/Oils: Raw Shea Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jamican Black Castor Oil and Jojoba Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file