"Her Hair is worse than yours" - ARRGH!

Just received the following comment five minutes ago from a colleague:

C: I'm looking for hair straighteners for my daughter-in-law's birthday next week.
Me: Oh yes?
C: Yes, her hair is worse than yours & I thought you could recommend a decent brand!!

Now, this colleague is an irritating, lazy, time-wasting pain in the proverbial anyway so because of this I responded:

Me: What, do you mean worse than mine? I don't consider my curls to be a problem.
C: (backtracking) Oh no, I only meant that her hair is thicker & curlier than yours & she hates it.
Me: Can't help you, I'd never fry my curls with straighteners. I love them. Your d.i.l. should learn to look after her curls!

I would have mentioned nc.com but was too irritated!
Type 3b, Highlighted, Past Shoulders, Fine Texture, but very dense.

Comments

• zeldagoblinzeldagoblin Posts: 575Registered Users
    Good for you, nice comeback. Her daughter in law probably has negative feelings about her curls because of attiudes of people just like THAT!!! I pity her, wouldnt fancy having that sort as a mum in law!

Liz x
    Here are my curly pics, password is fuzz

http://public.fotki.com/zeldagoblin/

But then again, too few to mention...
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    :evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't get it, I just don't! Why do people feel so free to insult others' hair??? You would never hear someone ask you to recommend a good diet for their daughter who is "even fatter than you," or make-up for someone "uglier than you," or tutoring service for someone "stupider than you," etc. GRRRRR!

That was a good comeback though, and very nice of you not to go off on her. I know I would have!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    OMG I could never handle it that well. Seriously, that's insulting something God given ya know? I would have tore that chick a new a-hole for that comment. But you did a great job handling it and making her feel like a dumbass for her thoughtless remark!
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • CurlyBritChickCurlyBritChick Posts: 218Registered Users
    To add insult to injury, this 50+ co-worker had recently been pulled up (again!) by our manager for her unkempt appearance & was advised to brush her hair!!! :x
    Type 3b, Highlighted, Past Shoulders, Fine Texture, but very dense.
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    To add insult to injury, this 50+ co-worker had recently been pulled up (again!) by our manager for her unkempt appearance & was advised to brush her hair!!! :x

LOL! She had audacity to make that comment when people are telling her to brush her hair!
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Great response. I'm glad you didn't let her get away with insulting you and asking for advice in the same breath. What a byatch!
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    Bailey422 wrote:
    :evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't get it, I just don't! Why do people feel so free to insult others' hair??? You would never hear someone ask you to recommend a good diet for their daughter who is "even fatter than you," or make-up for someone "uglier than you," or tutoring service for someone "stupider than you," etc. GRRRRR!

That was a good comeback though, and very nice of you not to go off on her. I know I would have!

LOL!!! I love this. This is just the response I would have given too!!

I agree. I had a co-worker compare my hair to her friend's and said she uses a relaxer and have I ever thought of it.

What?

Ummm....no. I don't think of putting incredibly harsh chemicals in my hair, regardless of how tight my curls are. I like that I have super spirals now. So there.

I did have one of those hair-straightening booth people ask me if I wanted my hair straightened by them. I said "God no!"

She looked at me as if I was beating puppies in public. I said I didn't like the straight-Barbie-hair look.

Some people just don't get it.
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file