Gel &mousse recommndations for super fineand limp curls?

misslmmisslm Posts: 8Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I have 3 A&B hair that's past my shoulders. My hair is very fine, prone to dryness and my curls go limp very easily! Do you have any recommendations for products that would help put the spring back in my curls and hold them? I'm not CG. Been there, done that...so anything goes! Thanks in advanced!
3b-c hair, mid-back length

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    A lot of people find that products with protein in them help keep the curls well formed. Do you use any protein products now? What products are you currently using?
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • misslmmisslm Posts: 8Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks! I don't use any product with protein. I did so an Aphogee treatment a few weeks ago. Wat are some good product with protein?
    3b-c hair, mid-back length
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have very fine hair that can also easily become limp from water weight. Personally I love using irish moss jelly, as it doesn't weigh down my hair and it helps with hair strength. I do IA Girl's gelatin protein treatment when my hair needs protein. It seems like less hassle than Aphogee (which I've never tried). I used to use gelatin as a hair gel, too, which my fine hair really liked. Though am getting better results with irish moss lately.
    As for commercial gels, I can't be of much help, as they all weigh down my hair. Mousses... I love Sweet Curls Elixirs Volume Foam (she can custom make things so you can have her add PVP to help with hold and protein add ins if you'd like). While it was too weighty for my hair, some fine curlies really like the Deva foam.
    Personally I find homemade treatments to be of most help. I like catnip tea for strength, amla tea for increased curl (though it's a bit drying, so balance with moisture), and irish moss as a full on treatment too.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I like the Oribe Cleansing Creme, which is a co-wash, though it's quite expensive. It is very mositurizing and has quite a bit of protein in it. You could try Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner, which also has a lot of protein (and is on the cheaper side). I don't do protein treatments per se but just use conditioners or stylers with protein in them. That helps me avoid protein overload, which can leave the hair brittle and dry. You need a happy medium between moisture and protein.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 379Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have fine but dense hair. I get AWESOME volume scrunching curl junkie's coffee coco cream LITE, followed by a bit of kinky curly custard. I pin my roots, sit under my hood dryer... when dry remove clips, scrunch out that crunch upside down and give my roots a shake...voila! Lots of nicely defined volume.
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file