Finally found my staples and started CG method. How often do you ladies co wash???

mrzrapp2015mrzrapp2015 Registered Users Posts: 122 Curl Neophyte
So today i went out to find some natural hair products to start my CG regimen....I was leary of the VO5 moisture milk conditioner because its so cheap i thought it wouldnt work well....but bought it anway because its only a dollar right....then i went to hi health and found some giovanni direct leave in ive heard so much about and some flax seeds to make my gel....I used my last bit of aztec bentonite clay and acv to clarify and went about co washing with the VO5 then applied the very creamy lovely direct leave in (finally a leave in with no glycerin for my phx az strands)....and WOW ive never had such soft manageble and defined hair!!!!! I havent even made the gel yet i cant wait to see the results after using it. Im so happy!!!! Simple really is better...HOW often do you ladies co wash???

Comments

• AddeeAddee Registered Users Posts: 412 Curl Connoisseur
    So today i went out to find some natural hair products to start my CG regimen....I was leary of the VO5 moisture milk conditioner because its so cheap i thought it wouldnt work well....but bought it anway because its only a dollar right....then i went to hi health and found some giovanni direct leave in ive heard so much about and some flax seeds to make my gel....I used my last bit of aztec bentonite clay and acv to clarify and went about co washing with the VO5 then applied the very creamy lovely direct leave in (finally a leave in with no glycerin for my phx az strands)....and WOW ive never had such soft manageble and defined hair!!!!! I havent even made the gel yet i cant wait to see the results after using it. Im so happy!!!! Simple really is better...HOW often do you ladies co wash???

I'm so happy for you. I typically cowash once a week in between my shampoos. You have to learn to listen to your hair. It will tell you what it wants.
    Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.
  • mrzrapp2015mrzrapp2015 Registered Users Posts: 122 Curl Neophyte
    So how will i know when to shampoo will my hair be dry...not coil like usual...what signs will there be? I usually cowash every two days because its so hot in phoenix. I may choose to use a sulfate free shampoos which i think i will because i have low porosity hair. So then id be modified cg.
  • AddeeAddee Registered Users Posts: 412 Curl Connoisseur
    Remember the purpose of shampoo twofold so it's for your hair and your scalp. I'm someone who needs to keep my scalp clean. I find cowashing alone or shampooing only once a month doesn't work for me because my scalp will get itchy. I also don't like just any shampoo if it doesn't do anything for my scalp. As far as my hair, it will become really dry to the point that cowashing and moisturizing won't help. Mine is low porosity, fine, and prone to buildup. Buildup is my biggest cause of drying. Some people have a set regimen of how often they shampoo and others wait until they see their hair no longer absorbing moisture then they shampoo.
    Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file