Here we go.....

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
For wintertime skirt wearing, which do you prefer?

3608910-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

3608910-3-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Or

3728902-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

3728902-3-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Both styles are available in other colors. I just happen to like the above colors the best (bc I already have lots of plain black shoes.)

I have given up on sexy shoes and high heels so your empathy is appreciated :toothy5:

Comments

• PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love them both. Not helpful, I know. haha
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I like them both but if I had to choose I would pick the first pair.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I like the first pair better, but just by a smidge. I think it is because I like seventies-style stuff, and the first pair skews that way. I think both pairs are very fashionable, though, and you couldn't go wrong with either one. I'd probably order both and pick the one that is more comfortable.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Posts: 468Registered Users
    What about wedges?
    I have no clue and wish I could wear my sandals all year, which I can mostly here! :lol:
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    What about wedges?
    I have no clue and wish I could wear my sandals all year, which I can mostly here! :lol:
    Ehhh it depends on the specific pair but i sometimes find wedges to just look weird...and dumpy. But def not always! Some are very sharp. Got a pair in mind???

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like the first pair better, especially if the skirt isn't ankle length.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    The first pair. Though I suppose it depends on the skirt. I never wear skirts in winter so don't really have a clue!
    3b in South Australia.
  • curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Posts: 468Registered Users
    A teacher had some cute ones on at my kid's school the other day. Let me see if I can find them.
    They were what would be considered a high wedge...very cute!
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You know what would be perfect? If the first pair was metallic like the second pair.

eta: and.....voila: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SVEN-SWEDISH-CLOGS-39-9-Metallic-Silver-Mary-Jane-Clogs-Sandals-Pin-Up-PUG-VLV-/262588623241
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    For some reason, I can't open that link, Claudine.^^^^

So I tried the top pair and they didn't work out for me. I should have known; I tried a similar but lower heeled style several years ago and the problems were the same. I thought maybe bc these were higher, they would fit a little differently but no. And they weren't as flattering as I'd hoped they would be.

3608910-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Well, being the Dansko devotee that I am, I went back and ordered these. And really like them. They fit more true-to-size than the above and are more comfy. I hope I can style them in more of a cool 1920s/1930s way and not in a dowdy grandma way.

3609508-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

3609508-1-MULTIVIEW.jpg

3609508-3-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Channeling this vvv
    1920s-dress-advice-shoes.jpg

Was eying these, too.
    71bOCFK06FL._UX500_.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file