New to CG Method and I'm a mess!

Hi curlies, I am new to the CG method as of about three weeks ago. The first few days I would condition in the morning, use microfiber towel, scrunch, Deva styling cream, diffuse dry and I couldn't believe how much curlier my hair was. Well I colored and dead curls. I co-washed, deep conditioned, everything I had been doing before the color killed me but it's just heavy and dull and no volume. So I clarified and it's still awful. I've laid off the conditioner, tried a different styling product, t shirt instead of microfiber...how do I get those gorgeous curls and volume back?!?! :cry:

Comments

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Have you tried a protein treatment? If you search "iagirl gelatin treatment", you'll find a recipe for a homemade one, or Joico's kpak is a popular one you can buy.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • Stacie.JohnsStacie.Johns Posts: 2Registered Users
    How do I know if I need a protein treatment?
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hair that has been dyed often needs a protein treatment (and deep conditioning too). It's damaged hair. It can't go back to being like your virgin hair, but it can be improved.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • HanahorvaticHanahorvatic Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hi! I am very new to cg method so a want to ask if all of the ingredients in this curlig cream are cg friendly?
    List of ingredient:
    Water (Aqua), Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PVP, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Polyacrylamide, Ceteareth-20, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum).
  • DicestBearDicestBear Posts: 7Registered Users
    I would try a protein treatment. My husband colors his hair and when I stopped using shampoo (and therefore buying it) he also stopped using it. His hair feels a lot better until he colors, then it feels dry and brittle. He deep conditions and most of the time it's fine. When it's not I suggest a protein treatment and so far between the two we've always gotten his hair back to feeling good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file