Oil?

YeayeahYeayeah Posts: 100Registered Users Curl Novice
What type of oil is recommended for 3c/4a hair?

Comments

• AddeeAddee Posts: 412Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yeayeah wrote: »
    What type of oil is recommended for 3c/4a hair?

I'm going to guess you mean carrier oils for sealing. I don't think there is any particular oil recommended. You just have to experiment. The main ones people use to seal I think are coconut, EVOO, argon and castor. But there are others. My hair hates coconut oil but likes castor. EVOO works but tends to break my skin out if I leave it in my hair. I think what works for me doesn't have anything to do with my hair type though. Honestly I think people put too much emphasis on hair typing. The good thing is you can buy pure oils fairly cheap (except argon) at the grocery store and Asia/Indian stores so I would start there. The ones at the bss usually have a bunch of other junk in the ingredients.

As far as essential oils, I like rosemary, lavender but I also have thyme and cedarwood.
    Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.
  • QueerBiNatureNYCQueerBiNatureNYC Posts: 20Registered Users
    I love what Addee said about preferred oils not necessarily being tied to hair type. It also depends on what you are using it for, what is your hair goal and your allergies too. I have a close friend whose hair looks like mine, but her skin cannot tolerate evoo nor coconut. She breaks out something fierce, but surprisingly has found success with JBCO. I do hot oil treatments once or twice a month with heavy oils and it helps me. Try these search results: Search Results

Hope That Helps :)
    fine spongy 4b/4a OL Daughter - ""Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
    - Anais Nin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file