I rather converse with strangers.

pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I rather interact and feel like I can relate with complete strangers on social media than actually hang out with people in my real life. I can talk about curly hair, makeup, exercise, life in general, etc. with strangers but would prefer not to talk to actual people or entertain them on a daily basis. In fact, I wish I could shut my office door and work. I think I've become this way as I've gotten older. Although, I love hanging out with my husband and son.

Anyone else?

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,716Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    People think I'm a social butterfly and that I love being with lots of people. Nope. It takes a lot of work just to get me to leave my house. I love being alone, I love being at home. Once I'm out I usually have a good time, but it's exhausting! That's why I enjoy Facebook and NC.com. I can comment if I feel like it or just ignore.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm a bit of a homebody, or a loner, I should say. I do like being with people but I tend to be alone a lot. I work, I come home. On weekends I run errands, go to church, do chores, maybe go out for breakfast or lunch, with or without company and then in the evening I'll chill with my daughter for awhile and then read, watch TV, whatever. I have friends that I don't see very often. I've been thinking lately that I need to make friends. My work is very solitary; there's people but not much interaction. So, I could really use support and companionship.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I would to but in real life. I like going out and enjoy company. But I'm not socially normal so it's hard to form relationships/friendships. NYC is not a great place to socialize with strangers easily though. Still trying lol.
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Not me. I'm not a people person and don't care for engaging with strangers unless I'm in an extremely good mood or super intoxicated, lol. I try to remain somewhat social because I see people's social skills are becoming worse, especially in my age group (millennials) and younger, which breeds lack of empathy and regard for others - especially since we are so glued to our computers and phones. I don't want to become someone who can't relate to people unless they're font if you know what I mean.

My fiance works from home and he loves it. Even though I don't like most people, I couldn't work from home because my job is pretty much the only place I receive human-to-human interaction besides at home. Most of my friends and family live two states away. I've worked from home before and I was in my worst depression during that period. So yeah, I don't like talking to strangers but I like talking to people I already know and have an affinity for, even if they're only co-workers.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I prefer to talk to friends but they are not always available to me so strangers are OK, too, if I am in the mood. But for the record, I don't consider the regulars on here as strangers, exactly.

Even though I don't like most people, I couldn't work from home because my job is pretty much the only place I receive human-to-human interaction besides at home. Most of my friends and family live two states away. I've worked from home before and I was in my worst depression during that period. So yeah, I don't like talking to strangers but I like talking to people I already know and have an affinity for, even if they're only co-workers.

Same here, except I live alone so I don't get any interaction at home. I come in to work everyday even though I have an option to work from home once a week. I get other interaction when I go to bars..but lately I've been tired..i have to be energized and just be a little buzzed to talk to strangers. In general I don't like talkign to random people if I'm completely sober.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    At my university, we teach traditional classes and some online. I not only prefer the online, my evaluation scores are better with those. Something about standing in front of people expecting an answer or interaction from me hard.
  • jenny123jenny123 Posts: 11Registered Users
    me too
  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,905Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't interact with strangers in real life well at all but I can certainly read and feel like I can understand or come to know a person on a board like this somewhat. Not of course everything about them and feel comfortable engaging in conversation or sharing things that I might not in real life. I have a close group of friends and while I don't necessarily plan much socially on a regular basis I have no issues interacting and spending time them. I just don't go out of my way to do it as I love super small (like my and DW) or just being alone.
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
    I'm going to an ugly sweater party today where I won't know anyone. The girl who invited me is someone I met through my cousin here for a few hours. Trying to get mentally prepared. House parties are a little harder than other public places because you almost feel obligated to talk to someone and harder to just leave.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file