Struggling with ingredients in European products

Lara.PernatLara.Pernat Posts: 17Registered Users
Hello!
I'm pretty new to CG, and I live in Europe (Slovenia) where I really struggle to get good CG approved products.
That's why I need some help from you experts!:)

Could you please look into the ingredients and tell me if the products I use are safe for my hair?
None of them has silicone or sulfates, but they do have some alcohols..

I co-wash with mix of first two conditioners, then I use third as DT for half an hour, and rinse it out quickly (not all of it).
I then apply fourth or fifth conditioner as a leave in, depending on my mood. 4th is for coloured hair and 5th for curly hair, but it bothers me that they have isopropyl alcohol in them..

Comments

• Lara.PernatLara.Pernat Posts: 17Registered Users
    First photo is some new conditioner I just bought, is it ok?
    I then style with one of the two sprays below. Which one do you think is better?
    I apply aloe vera gel or FSG on top.

Oh, and I often use the mask (last photo) as a leave in, is that bad?
    And most importantly, could any of these products cause buildup?

I know it's a lot, but thanks for help! It means a lot! :angel9:
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hello! From what I can see, all the products you show are OK for your hair. As regards the alcohol, I don't worry about it unless I start feeling like a particular product is drying out my hair. I think that alcohol is more of a danger in dry weather than in humid weather. And if it is pretty far down the ingredients list, it is less likely to be an issue.

As far as the two sprays, I would probably alternate between them. The second spray looks like it has a lot of protein, and sometimes your hair can get too much protein and end up frizzy and dry. It is often good to rotate between products.

It's OK to use a mask as a leave-in.

As far as build-up goes, yes, all of these products can cause build-up, because *all* products can cause build-up. It is just less severe than with silicones. Even using a plain oil day after day can cause build-up. Most of us on the forum use a gentle shampoo every now and then to get rid of build-up. I hope you can find a gentle shampoo. I would use a gentle shampoo every time you feel like your hair isn't responding to your products the way it used to, or anytime your hair feels weighed down despite co-washing it.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
    Thank you for your reply! :)

I'm glad they're OK. I use this Low ShamPoo every few weeks, do you think it's cleansing enough? Or should I buy that raspberry vinegar? (It's a rip-off isn't it? :D Would ACV work just fine?)

First photo is shampoo, second vinegar
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    The pictures didn't show up large enough for me to read the type. Can you enlarge them?

ACV will help chelate some minerals, so it can help with that type of build-up, but it won't necessarily help with build-up from hair products.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
    Sorry, I'll try again!:)

I somehow can't load bigger photos, so I'm sending a link (there is a shot of ingredients of both vinegar and my shampo).
    Link: Review: Yves Rocher Radiance Rinsing Vinegar and Low Shampoo
    Also, can I use my face wash as a shampoo? In case Low shampoo is too gentle. :)
    Photos of face wash attached :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file