HELP

VtarkVtark Registered Users Posts: 1
My hair is a mixtue of types! The back of it is 2a almost a 1, and then the underside is 2c, the mid areas are a 2b. I'm assuming this is because i messed up my curl pattern ? correct me if im wrong. Every time i try to scrunch it/ make it wavy/ its super frizzy and dry feeling. Except my roots which are oily. Any products/ reccomendations?

Comments

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Registered Users Posts: 338 Curl Connoisseur
    Most curlies have a mixture of curl patterns. For example, I have mostly 3A, 2C in the back and 3B on the top hairline. So it could just be that your hair is like mine.

However, the dry-but-oily-but-crunchy could be a few things. I'd start by clarifying. It could be build up. A trial size baby shampoo would work. Then, how are you styling and what are you using?

For example, I use a silicone free low poo and conditioner, then I apply a leave in conditioner to soaking wet hair, then rake in gel, then flip upside down and scrunch out excess water, flip back over, use a t-shirt to get out more water, let it dry 75% while I put on makeup, etc, then diffuse the rest of the way.

So, how are you doing your hair? With more detail, we could help better.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file