Hay Fever 2016:

claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Anybody else suffering? Mine is extra bad this year. I'm even trying to eat bland foods but only drugs are working.

How are you handling your seasonal allergies?

imgres_zpsrgk4nm0y.jpg

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    LOTS of drugs!

:D

and saline rinses as hot and strong as i can handle them!

pseudoephidrine is the only thing that seems to help, even though i'm taking triple doses of generic Zyrtec (Reactine in Canada), and you have to show photo ID to buy it! thank ghu i have a sheriff's badge!

the hot, dry weather is definitely making it worse this year - and also helped it start earlier than usual.

:cry:
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I forgot about saline rinses. I should do that.

How have you come to have a sheriff's badge?
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Allegra about once or twice a week.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    We're apparently in for a bad hayfever season this year. I have plenty of Zyrtec in the cupboard.
    3b in South Australia.
    How have you come to have a sheriff's badge?

for work; my boss is the sheriff of Middlesex County as well as director of court services. i am (seriously) the deputy sheriff.

the badge is supposed to sit in my desk at work all the time and only be used for work purposes; but when i need to buy a "controlled substance" like pseudoephidrine or codeine, i take it with me to the drugstore.
    My blog:

OMG! So can I call you "Deputy"?
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    OMG! So can I call you "Deputy"?

I'm totally going to!!!

Ms. Deputy Rou, what shade Mac lipstick should I buy??
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
    one can never go wrong with the classics:

Viva Glam 5
    Twig
    Hug Me

those look good on *almost* everyone!

My blog:

I reckon I agree with Deputy Rouquinne on the Twig recommendo.

10/4 and over. (static)
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's been really hard on my son. He has seen his doctor twice in the last couple weeks. He's had 3 asthma attacks, two breathing treatments, a shot of prednisone in the butt, 2 prescriptions for prednisone, dosage change on Advair and back on Singulair. (Allergic Asthma). He's a mess.
    I'm wondering if I have a sinus infection or something of the sort, and wondering if it is contributing to my wooziness.

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

I'm COVERED in mosquito bites. I have at least 40 still-red ones on me right now. I get most of them at the football field while my son practices. Spraying insect repellent barely helps at all. I'm itching and scratching the entire time I'm there. But yet, no one else is...legs not pocked up either. So can anyone tell me why mosquitos et al. bother some ppl a lot more than others?

My mother came out and complained about it, too. So I know it's not just me. But it's not affecting my kids, partner, friends like this. Explain???

^^^it has something to do with pheremones; each person has an individual scent that we're not aware of and mosquitos are more attracted to some people than others because of it.

:(
    My blog:

they love me unless i wear spray with deet. it's worth it.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I've been all cocky all summer that they have left me alone and attributed it to my excessive wine drinking. Since Saturday though, I've been eaten a,I've, even at the gas station tonight. And they are leaving crazy huge welts that itch like crazy. Luckily they seem to be done pretty quickly, by no clue why the change.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    When we first came to Australia I was mozzie fodder and used to be covered in bites that would take ages to go and would swell up and look like bruises, awful. As time's gone on I get attacked much less, don't know why, I do find that putting lavender essential oil onto the bites asap helps enormously.
    When I was 19 I went to Corfu and shared a room with my friend, I had dozens of bites (14 on my face alone) and she had none.
    3b in South Australia.
    Good advice! Thnx.

This spray I've been using contains 40% deet. I wonder if that's not enough...

So it's got more to do with pheremones than scented stuff i apply to my skin?

• PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    DEPUTY ROU!

~ sent with love and good intentions ~
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
    Starmie wrote: »
    When we first came to Australia I was mozzie fodder and used to be covered in bites that would take ages to go and would swell up and look like bruises, awful. As time's gone on I get attacked much less, don't know why, I do find that putting lavender essential oil onto the bites asap helps enormously.
    When I was 19 I went to Corfu and shared a room with my friend, I had dozens of bites (14 on my face alone) and she had none.

Ugh!

Deputy, arrest her attackers!
    Good advice! Thnx.

This spray I've been using contains 40% deet. I wonder if that's not enough...

So it's got more to do with pheremones than scented stuff i apply to my skin?

I would wear 100% deet if it was available/wouldn't kill me on the spot.

That high-pitched hum by my ear drives me mad.
    Deputy, arrest her attackers!

i would if my badge was any good in The Land of Oz! maybe Starmie could come to Canada and get bit by good old Canadian skeeters!

My blog:

I'm sure if I ever headed that way that the little buggers would get me. Then I'd call Deputy Rou!
    3b in South Australia.
    haven't you heard the rumours about Canadian mosquitos???

some are allegedly large enough to carry off small animals!

;)
    My blog:

TRBL wrote: »
    I'm wondering if I have a sinus infection or something of the sort, and wondering if it is contributing to my wooziness.

No infection, but serious congestion/swelling. On oral steroids for 5 days, and nasal spray (steroid/antihistamine). Likely that the swelling is contributing to my vertigo. Steroids suck.

*hugs* TRBL!!!!

it's raining today!!!
    :)
    My blog:

I'm sorry, TRBL. I hope you feel better soon.

I'm now on generic Zyrtec, saline nose spray, and special eye drops. Plus, a pharmacist suggested I sleep with an air filter in my bedroom, so I've added that to my routine as well.
    Is it helping?
    :)

Holy Cow!

cow.gif

i had a baaaaaad night last night - it's my own fault for walking home. i rinsed and rinsed and sneezed and sneezed and sneezed until well past 1:00 am and finally had to take out the Otrivin spray - which i hate to use.

still feeling woozy this morning.
    :cry:
    My blog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file