Diffuser recommendations needed!

So the diffuser attachment that came with my dryer has gotten warped and melty in the 2 years I've had it and now won't stay on the end of the dryer at all. I don't want to buy a new dryer since I spent a lot on it (it's a T3 Featherweight Lux 2i). And I don't really want to order a T3 replacement diffuser because it's expensive and I'm afraid I'd run into the same issue again with it warping and falling off.

So does anyone have any good recommendations for a universal diffuser attachment? I picked one up at a salon nearby which said universal but didn't fit on the T3.

Thanks for your help! Right now I'm going diffuser-less and just holding the dryer far from my head on a low setting which is definitely less than ideal.

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    I'm loving the black orchid diffuser. It's hands down the best, most curl enhancing, time-saving diffuser I've ever used. It's not technically universal, but there are a whole bunch of dryers it goes with, and also it's very easy to put a single piece of electrical tape around it and in that way attach it to any dryer. That's what I do myself (as my dryer has a square opening).
    There are very few universal diffusers out there. Lots of people like the Conair (which is hardly universal, tricky to attach). There's also the revlon and sock diffusers or the kind that fold up. None of them are anywhere near as good as the black orchid though. Out of the others, I liked Conair the best.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • sdkittysdkitty Registered Users Posts: 360 Curl Novice
    I have a Sunbeam diffuser I got at Walmart years ago. Seems like it would probably work with any round shaped head. Cost maybe $5.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Be careful. If your hair dryer melted your diffuser it's prbly malfunctioning and getting too hot. If it will melt your diffuser, it will DESTROY your hair. You might want to replace the dryer.

I like any large bowl diffuser to use first to dry the end and outer surface. Then I use the DevaFuser to dry underneath and "inside."

• Curls80Curls80 Registered Users Posts: 526 Curl Connoisseur
    I've been using the deva fuser with the deva dryer and liking it a lot actually. I have lots of hair so I like a bowl diffuser to get the bulk of my hair but the deva fuser is amazing for for getting at the roots.

I used the black orchid diffuser for a while but I changed diffusers and it was falling off all of the time so I just got irritated with it. I still have it though, and when it fits, it's a good one.
    3a/3b high porosity, mainly coarse, medium density
    Live in Canada- hot summers, freezing winters- dry dry dry
    As I am cleansing pudding, soultanicals deep condish, curlsmith cowash, lhdc condish 
    KCCC, curlsmith soufflé, ufdcm, mga sculpting gel 
    Scrunch with hair repear towel, then diffuse or air
    Protein- Cnpf
  • SlinkyheadSlinkyhead Registered Users Posts: 100
    I've also been curious about those Orchid diffusers! Seems like they would be the best of both worlds between the standard bowl diffuser and the deva hand because of air vents at the end of the fingers. I really want one but they don't sell them here in the UK. I tried amazon but no luck. Amazon and amazon.co.uk have different stock :-/ Gotta wait till I visit home again. I dig the deva hand too, I start with that then switch to the bowl to finish. If i don't do it that way, my ends dry to fast and I end up having to spritz them with water so i don't get frizz. The deva hand is great for getting the roots dry without disturbing the individual curls. If you dry with it from all directions too, you get good volume.

Type: 3a | NP | med-fine but high den | bob
    NP: Deva NP, DC low poo, ACV rinses
    RO: Deva 1 Cond orig or decadence
    DC: DC HIC, SM JBCO mask
    LI: 1 Cond, B'leavin
    Styler: Deva SPC or reg SC
    Gels: DC LDG, Bouncecurl
    Refresh: water w Lavender oil.
    Scalp: Lav/jojoba/rosem/pep oils.
    Airdry, wait 30 mins before diffusing.
    Loves a little protein in stylers! Hates heavy stuff.
  • MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
    I second the Black Orchid. I did not like it at first but I do now. Cheap, easy to use.
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    I use a sock diffuser as I don't like to touch my hair at all while it's being dried, though that's not much help if you like the bowl type.

I blow dry my fringe straight and the nozzle thing that attaches to my hairdryer recently disintegrated, it's very annoying - like you I don't really want, or need, to buy a new dryer but it's a pain trying to use it without.
    3b in South Australia.
  • sdkittysdkitty Registered Users Posts: 360 Curl Novice
    I was at Bed Bath and Beyond the other day. My dryer which came with screw-on diffuser broke (DH has since fixed it).
    They had a "universal" diffuser and they had several (probably at least 12 dryers on display. The diffuser didn't fit any of the dryers I tried it on.
    So you might want to buy from a BNM store for more convenient return if necessary. (or you could even bring your dryer shopping)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file