butter help!

rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
i am almost out of my spiral solutions emollience butter and, as you know, she closed the business last year.

i've been testing out other products to take the place of ss emollience, but none come close. i used to use jane carter nourish & shine years ago and recently purchased it again. while it is 'ok,' it is a little heavy and now i seem to not be able to tolerate the smell, it makes me sick. my hair hates oils (tried many) so i am at a loss.

any ideas? butter products you love?

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: curl junkie 
sealants - jane carter nourish & shine

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,552Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I have no ideas, but I'm pasting the ingredients list for the SS Emollience Butter into your thread in case that might help people make suggestions.

Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Theobroma grandiflorum (cupuacu butter), Astrocaryum Tucuma (tucuma butter), Adansonia digitata (baobab oil), Sclerocarya Birrea (marula oil), Orbignya Oleifera (babassu oil), Astrocaryum Murumuru (murumuru butter), Fragrance, Grapefruit (Citrus grandis) Seed Extract, Tocopherol.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • AddeeAddee Posts: 412Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I can only use butter on my ends so I'm not sure I'm a super help. But you might consider mixing your own. I have marula oil that I bought at Sallys. I bought baobab at the health food store. I thought Jane Carter butter is way too heavy. But if you make your own you could whip it really light. An idea.
    Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    thanks to both of you. i should have listed the ingredients, wasn't thinking. as far as mixing my own, never done that, but it would be worth a try. i guess i'd mix just a little each time so it doesn't go bad???

• Curls80Curls80 Posts: 526Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    rbb wrote: »
    i am almost out of my spiral solutions emollience butter and, as you know, she closed the business last year.

i've been testing out other products to take the place of ss emollience, but none come close. i used to use jane carter nourish & shine years ago and recently purchased it again. while it is 'ok,' it is a little heavy and now i seem to not be able to tolerate the smell, it makes me sick. my hair hates oils (tried many) so i am at a loss.

any ideas? butter products you love?

I have Jane carter as well and I can't use it because the smell is too strong for me.

I've been using this as a sealer and It's good-

Coconut Water "Style Setter" - CAMILLE ROSE NATURALS

And, I just got this pomade from my recent curlmart order and I really like it. Haven't tried it as a sealer yet but it feels nice, not heavy-

https://shop.naturallycurly.com/original-moxie-hair-bling-high-shine-pomade/
    3a/3b high porosity, mainly coarse, medium density
    Live in Canada- hot summers, freezing winters- dry dry dry
    As I am cleansing pudding, soultanicals deep condish, curlsmith cowash, lhdc condish 
    KCCC, curlsmith soufflé, ufdcm, mga sculpting gel 
    Scrunch with hair repear towel, then diffuse or air
    Protein- Cnpf
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    they both look interesting, thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list