Might this DC method work for 4a hair?

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Here's the recipe. It says to DC *then* shampoo. Would there be any benefit to doing the DC if you shampoo it out? I'm thinking this would be more for the 2 hair types.
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• AddeeAddee Posts: 412Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm mostly 4a but don't think it's a hair typing thing. This is like using a prepoo. I use EVOO and castor. I have tried it with coconut oil but my hair hated it. Some people use conditioner but conditioner has water and I find this more beneficial on dry hair. I have low porosity. I sit under the dryer. Then I shampoo then I condition
    Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.
  • QueerBiNatureNYCQueerBiNatureNYC Posts: 20Registered Users
    Ok I read the recipe and instructions. They're talking about a "pre-poo". I do that at least once a month and it works for me. But I couldn't explain to you why it works. You may want to try an internet search for the scientific explanation. Theory: maybe a pre-poo makes the shampoo even more of a "conditioning shampoo" uknowhaimeen?
    fine spongy 4b/4a OL Daughter - ""Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
    - Anais Nin
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I can only use oil in my hair if I use it as a pre poo, but that's because my hair is both fine and thin and it's just so easy to weigh down. It's very easy to go over the line from moisturizing to greasy, limp mess.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Used to do this and it does work, as it also says to DC afterward. Sometimes I will use Creamed Coconut only, and then shampoo, but DC always follows. Or just cowash instead of shampoo, then DC. Either way, it kept my hair from being dry during the winter.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights