Curlisto structura lotion plus

GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
This product came out about a year and a half ago. The "Plus" is so that you don't need the Curlisto Control Gels even when the humidity is very high, and not leave the hair dry.

The result for my *highly porous, dry hair: soft, defined hair that is also frizz-free, and no flakes. The key is to use this product when the humidity is very high--at least 60 percent! At this level of humidity, even someone with very dry hair can go without a leave-in conditioner. This is also the key to using the regular Structura Lotion.

I love this product, but would only purchase it if the humidity is very high, otherwise it could dry out your hair and leave flakes. Curlisto Structura Lotion Plus gets 5 stars.

*being told it's low porosity:dontknow:
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
 *This list is not exhaustive...
CoWash: various
DT: various
Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
Spritz/Sealant:not now
*experimenting and loving it!

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,133Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I ordered this. Very curious about it because I like the original Structura lotion but that was never enough hold for me. Will report back.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Look forward to reading about your results. Hope it works for you!
    Thanks, GreatCurls. I just received a small bottle and will report back. :thumright:
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    I tried this but I'm not sure yet because I tried it using a new method and that may have skewed the results. My curls came out too soft and unstructured. Has anyone else tried this yet?
    curlypearl wrote: »
    I tried this but I'm not sure yet because I tried it using a new method and that may have skewed the results. My curls came out too soft and unstructured. Has anyone else tried this yet?

Oh my! Amazing that it left your hair "too soft and unstructured". I know you're asking for someone in Naturallycurly to respond, but here's
    some [URL="https://www.amazon.com/Curlisto®-Structura-Lotion-PLUS-16oz/dp/B00W60B51U/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8"]reviews [/URL]of it.

I didn't use it on soaking wet hair--just damp. So far, using products on damp hair/slightly more than damp seems to be better for definition.

Just curious, what is the new method that you are using? Maybe this will work for me during the winter when my hair is the driest.
    Hey GreatCurls - how are you?

The method I used (not recommending it because I didn't like the results) was to do my regular routine (no poo, condish, leave in a little extra condish, gel - in this case the structura lotion plus, then pour 2 cups of water over my hair - sort of a revised super soaker routine and then some scrunching). What was different was that as my hair was drying, I sprayed it with a mixture of water and condish on top. I wanted to be sure it was sufficiently moisturized.

As I said in my previous post my hair came out too soft and undefined but it could have been because of the condish/water I sprayed as it was drying instead of the structura lotion plus. If you try the plus, please post your results. I'm having a lot of trouble getting consistently good 1st day hair! Some days terrific and then some days yuch.
    curlypearl wrote: »
    Hey GreatCurls - how are you?

The method I used (not recommending it because I didn't like the results) was to do my regular routine (no poo, condish, leave in a little extra condish, gel - in this case the structura lotion plus, then pour 2 cups of water over my hair - sort of a revised super soaker routine and then some scrunching). What was different was that as my hair was drying, I sprayed it with a mixture of water and condish on top. I wanted to be sure it was sufficiently moisturized.

As I said in my previous post my hair came out too soft and undefined but it could have been because of the condish/water I sprayed as it was drying instead of the structura lotion plus. If you try the plus, please post your results. I'm having a lot of trouble getting consistently good 1st day hair! Some days terrific and then some days yuch.

curlypearl:

Is your plan to try Structura Plus without the special method? If so, please check to make sure the humidity is very high (at least 60%). So far, I'm getting not just getting 2nd day hair, but 3rd, 4th, and 5th day as well.

I'm doing great (thanks for asking:)) cause this was the most perfect summer for me: hot and humid. That's why I decided to try the Structura Plus.

The hotter the better, and the more humid the better is my type of climate. Snow and the cold is enjoyable as well: as long as there IS snow, and the sun is shining. And enough snow plows to clear the snow from the streets. Fall is wonderful and colorful. Sorry, for the tangent...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights