Hello everybody!

veeraveera Registered Users Posts: 2
Hello! I just signed up to this community and I thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm Vera, I'm almost 15 and I'm italian.
I have - still not sure whether it's 3b or 3c - I'd say 3c, low porosity, fine and medium density natural hair.
I want to make it as healthier as possible and possibly make it grow longer because it has a lot of volume that I'm not crazy about - so maybe growing it out will make it heavier?

My current routine is the following.
(in the shower):
- shampoo (Franck Provost)
- conditioner (Franck Provost)
(after showering):
- wrapping it up in a towel for a bit and then letting it down
- putting a cream (Pantene) for curls definition
- blow drying (no diffusor)

I used to wash it every morning with random shampoos without actually caring about it but I started trying to take more care of it - still, I'm sure the products I use and the way I treat it aren't that good.

Also, I don't moisturize it, I don't know what cleansing is, I have no idea what to do to keep the curls decent during the night - when there's school I shower every morning and wash the hair too because it's dry, frizzy, hard and I feel like it's not clean even though it still smells good.

I just don't even know where to start. What products should I use (shampoo, conditioner, cleanser, moisturizer, oils???), what routine should I start following in order to have my curls at their best? Tips, advices, anything could help. I wanna start this journey because I finally decided curls are unique and I can look pretty even by wearing them their way and not straight.

Thank you in advance! :)

Comments

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Registered Users Posts: 338 Curl Connoisseur
    veera wrote: »
    Hello! I just signed up to this community and I thought I'd introduce myself.
    I'm Vera, I'm almost 15 and I'm italian.
    I have - still not sure whether it's 3b or 3c - I'd say 3c, low porosity, fine and medium density natural hair.
    I want to make it as healthier as possible and possibly make it grow longer because it has a lot of volume that I'm not crazy about - so maybe growing it out will make it heavier?

Hi! Yes, growing it out will probably make it heavier, but there are also haircuts that can help.
    My current routine is the following.
    (in the shower):
    - shampoo (Franck Provost)
    - conditioner (Franck Provost)
    (after showering):
    - wrapping it up in a towel for a bit and then letting it down
    - putting a cream (Pantene) for curls definition
    - blow drying (no diffusor)

You should switch to using a t-shirt and not a towel on your hair. Towels rough up the hair, causing frizz. You also shouldn't blow dry without a diffuser, that causes frizz and blows out the curl pattern.
    I used to wash it every morning with random shampoos without actually caring about it but I started trying to take more care of it - still, I'm sure the products I use and the way I treat it aren't that good.

Also, I don't moisturize it, I don't know what cleansing is, I have no idea what to do to keep the curls decent during the night - when there's school I shower every morning and wash the hair too because it's dry, frizzy, hard and I feel like it's not clean even though it still smells good.

I just don't even know where to start. What products should I use (shampoo, conditioner, cleanser, moisturizer, oils???), what routine should I start following in order to have my curls at their best? Tips, advices, anything could help. I wanna start this journey because I finally decided curls are unique and I can look pretty even by wearing them their way and not straight.

Thank you in advance! :)

"Cleansing" is another word for cleaning, that's all. Your routine really doesn't sound too bad, it just needs a little tweaking. :) We all struggle at first, because no one thing works for everyone. We just have to try products and techniques until we find what works for us.

I would recommend that you try leave-in conditioner and your styling cream on soaking wet hair right out of the shower. At night, try pulling it up in a loose ponytail on top of your head or wrapping a satin scarf over it to protect the curls. Then, in the morning, you can just spray a little mixture of water and conditioner on it to refresh your curls and go to school. (Just get a spray bottle, fill it mostly with water and a little bit of conditioner. Shake to mix before you use it.)
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • veeraveera Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot for all the tips! I'll try these out asap. :D
  • MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Registered Users Posts: 609 Curl Connoisseur
    Welcome!!

If there are one or xane endings on any ingredients, they are silicones and can cause hard -feeling residue on curls.
    try clarifying with shampoo that is silicone-free.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file