hair too healthy i'm losing my curls

My hair looks limp and straighter than usual. My hair has always needed a bit of help with definition but lately not even clumping, scrunching or clipping seem to work. My hair is super healthy, shiny and smooth, better than ever I would say but it's acting terribly.

I'm a mix between 2c and 3a, being the 2c curls on the outside (the topmost layer and the 3a under that all the way to the nape on my head), really thick and coarse, naturally frizzy and dry but it's manageable

I had a big chop recently, I went from mid back length to above the shoulder. All the damage and dryness it had got cut out so I was left with very healthy hair, and I really got into caring for my curls since it felt like starting from zero again with the new hair cut.

My usual routine:

I wash it every day with shampoo and conditioner (lately with yes to carrots) and the coconut oil hair milk smoothie by Palmer's after the shower (alternating with other occasional leave ins). I always let it air dry and never use heat or dyes.

The only way I can explain what's going on is that my hair feels too healthy to hold the curls if that makes any sense.

Help!

Comments

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Registered Users Posts: 338 Curl Connoisseur
    It sounds overconditioned. I would add protein and dial back on the moisture. Your hair probably doesn't need nearly as much moisture now that you have the dead ends off.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file