Alternative to tshirt drying your hair??

As the title says.. I've recently big chopped my heat damaged hair. I use a towel to dry my hair, but I know that takes the moisturize out or something along those lines(according to naturals) What's an alternative to the tshirt method?

Comments

• sarahisarahi Registered Users Posts: 55
    Hi

You could also use a microfiber towel, or paper towels. I've had more success with both of those than I did with a t-shirt.
    3A/3B - Fine - Medium Density
    Porosity ~ Medium/High
    Shampoo-SMJBCO
    Cowash-As I Am Coconut Co-wash
    LOC: KCKT-Almond Oil-Devacurl Styling Cream-KCCC
    Hair length - APL
    Short term goal: BSL
    Long term goal:Waist Length
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Some people use what are called "flour sack" towels. I think you can find them at Walmart and Target.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • RafterBatRafterBat Registered Users Posts: 182 Curl Novice
    sarahi wrote: »
    Hi

You could also use a microfiber towel, or paper towels. I've had more success with both of those than I did with a t-shirt.
    How was your hair different when using the paper towel as opposed to the t-shirt?
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 
    RafterBat wrote: »
    Hi

How was your hair different when using the paper towel as opposed to the t-shirt?
    It soaks up more water, and allows my hair to dry faster
    Porosity ~ Medium/High
    Shampoo-SMJBCO
    Hair length - APL
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Registered Users Posts: 338 Curl Connoisseur
    Therese1 wrote: »
    Some people use what are called "flour sack" towels. I think you can find them at Walmart and Target.

Flour sack towels are the kind of towels you use in your kitchen.

Basically, any fabric that doesn't have the "nubbies" that bath towels do, but is also absorbent, will work.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • RafterBatRafterBat Registered Users Posts: 182 Curl Novice
    RafterBat wrote: »
    Hi

It soaks up more water, and allows my hair to dry faster
    So the impact is on drying time rather than on some change in the way your hair responds - got it. T-shirts give me better results than towels, of course, but given how long my hair takes to dry I may want to experiment more there. Thanks!
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 
  • sdkittysdkitty Registered Users Posts: 360 Curl Novice
    My (Deva trained) hairdresser recommended chamois. I bought a faux chamois from the automotive section at the 99 cent store. I apply gel, blot with these then put on a microfiber cap, then more gel when I take the cap off.
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,356 Curl Connoisseur
    i've used 3 different types of curly hair towels over the years, and last winter purchased the NEW deva towel (NEW is caps, to distinguish it from first deva towel).
    i LOVE this towel. what is different about it is i can dry my hair to a greater degree and no frizz, unlike with other towels or a t shirt i could only blot excess water. it's made a big difference on my wash days.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
    rbb wrote: »
    i've used 3 different types of curly hair towels over the years, and last winter purchased the NEW deva towel (NEW is caps, to distinguish it from first deva towel).
    i LOVE this towel. what is different about it is i can dry my hair to a greater degree and no frizz, unlike with other towels or a t shirt i could only blot excess water. it's made a big difference on my wash days.
    I recently purchased that towel, and second your review, its a great towel! super absorbent but doesn't create any frizz or disrupt my curls. Great for pineappleing and scrunching my curls dry.
    Porosity ~ Medium/High
    Shampoo-SMJBCO
    Hair length - APL
  • moonliteskyemoonliteskye Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello! May I ask where you purchased the deva towel? :) is it available online?
  • moonliteskyemoonliteskye Registered Users Posts: 43
    Thank you for the suggestions everyone! :D
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,356 Curl Connoisseur
    yes, the NEW deva towel is sold online --

-- devacurl.com -- $20 + free shipping + a free product
    -- aveyou.com -- 15% off the $20 with the code FIVE, shipping is $5 for orders under $50, $1 for orders $50+ (aveyou in addition to deva products they also carry curl junkie products and other brands)
    -- curlmart -- $20 unless they are having a sale.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine

Hello! May I ask where you purchased the deva towel? :) is it available online?
    I purchased mine in store at ULTA. But I'm one of those people who really doesn't like to purchase anything online.
    Porosity ~ Medium/High
    Shampoo-SMJBCO
    Hair length - APL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights