brand new curly world

WonderlusteWonderluste Posts: 2Registered Users
So, i'm new to NC, but also the curly girl world. I recently started embracing my curls, and have been in transition for almost a year. I even went for the big chop to embrace my naturally curly hair. I think it's fine/medium 3C, or somewhere between 3B and 3C. And, it's thick. Reeeeally thick.

It seems like that no matter what i use, my hair always seems to dry frizzy and dry. I have tried almost eeeeverything I can think of. Almost anything I put in it will sit on my hair and make it feel producty. Please help me. I want healthy and hydrated hair.

I have tried sooooo many brands, nothing seems to really moisturize my hair. I tried DevaCurl, but it left my hair super producty-feeling. I thought i had low porosity, so I tried the SheaMoisture Low Porosity conditioner. It did okay for a while, but now it's not enough. I recently purchased the Aussie Moist conditioner, and my hair seems okay with it. For a leave in, I tried Camille Rose, Carol's Daughter, Shea Moisture, Kinky Curly, and they didn't give my hair enough slip and moisture, it seems. I tried As I Am leave in, and seem to really enjoy the slip, but still not quite enough moisture. For a styler, I tried the DevaCurl styler, gel, and nothing but dryness. Camille Rose, did a little better, but still left my hair dry. As I Am coil jelly did better, but my hair is dry when it's dry. Hope that makes sense...

What am I doing wrong? I have done leave in, gel, and when it dries some oil. Leave in, oil, and gel left my hair stiff and producty. I have a satin pillowcase, and it helps somewhat (to stop it from getting worse, hahahaha).

Please help me, curly gurus! I haven't used a flat iron in a year, and diffused about 5 times, with no better results than when I air dry.

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Welcome!! :) .

does your area have very hard water with high mineral content?
  • WonderlusteWonderluste Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you!

Yes, I believe that the water here is hard.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file