Hello from wavy newbie!! :)

SuperGirlieSuperGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello everyone! I've been a longtime lurker and have experimented with the "curly girl" method on and off for the last 5 years. I've recently decided to give it another try, as my ultimate hair goal is waist length hair, which is next to impossible with regular use of the flat iron!

A little backstory on how I became a curly/wavy... I always had beautiful long perfectly pin-straight hair. At 15 years of age I was diagnosed with Leukemia (CML).. I had a life-saving Bone Marrow Transplant when I was 17 and lost all my hair due to chemo/radiation. When my hair grew back, much to my surprise, it was curly!!! I had absolutely no idea what to do with my new hair, and mostly looked like a poodle for the first year :laughing6: (I'm all good, and have been in remission for over 15 years btw!)

So fast forward to the present.. My hair's platinum blonde (bleached for over 13 years) and am growing it out from a super short angled bob. I liked my wavy/curly hair when it was long.. but HATED how it looked super short, so I would flat iron it regularly, and continued to do so up until my hair reached bra strap length. I realize that regular use of the flat iron, also caused me to trim more frequently and just isn't healthy for my hair. So now I'm back on track, embracing my natural hair and breaking up with the flat iron!

I'm not sure if my hair is 2b or 2c... its definitely S wave pattern, but I do have some curly ringlets underneath (nape of neck) and on good days the wave pattern starts above my eyebrows. I think my texture is medium/fine, but lots of it... and definitely high porosity, my hair loves protein.

I'm currently using (and loving) Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion and Jamaican Black Castor Oil lines.. I alternate between the two weekly. I shampoo about once a week (every 7-10 days or so)... when I shampoo I do a coconut oil pre-poo treatment, then shampoo with wither SM FF or JBCO.. follow up with Olaplex treatment, then follow up with protein (I alternate between ION Effective Care, old formula w/o 'cones, Aphogee 2min Keratin Reconstructor, Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructerizer) and lastly deep condition with either GVP Conditioning Balm, SH Fruit Fusion Weightless Hair Masque, or L'oreal Natures Therapy Mega Moisture. In between shampoos, I co-wash with Suave Coconut Conditioner, and follow up with either GVP Conditioning Balm, SM Fruit Fusion Rinse Out Conditioner or Jamaican Black Castor Oil Conditioner. For leave-in I'm loving Shea Moisture 100% Argan Oil, and for styling products DevaCurl Styling Cream. I did make my first batch of Flaxseed Gel last night but have not tried it yet!!

Anyway I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself! Sorry for the long post!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Registered Users Posts: 609 Curl Connoisseur
    Welcome!! :) .

Happy you have overcome leukemia.
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Hello! I am sorry to hear about your fight with leukemia...very glad to see that you are OK. Great to have you here! :)
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • YeayeahYeayeah Registered Users Posts: 100 Curl Novice
    Hello hope you enjoy your stay
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Registered Users Posts: 338 Curl Connoisseur
    You have lovely waves! I think it suits you better than straight would.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file