opinions on medium hair for 2b-c hair

laurenrmlaurenrm Posts: 3Registered Users
I've been considering cutting my hair about APL to cover up a bad hair cut I got recently. Instead of my usual layers, I got it cut all one length BSL and now I've had been having 2a waves compared to my usual 2b-2c hair with my original long layers. If I get layers at about APL, will the curls and waves pop up?

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    How long ago was your haircut? Curly hair can often freak out for about a week after a new cut and not curl properly. But, I will say, most curlies do not do well with all one length. Layers help the hair get more volume throughout instead of at the bottom.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • laurenrmlaurenrm Posts: 3Registered Users
    My cut was about a week and a half a ago. The only curls I have are the ones that frame my face
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You can keep the same length, but you do need layers.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • laurenrmlaurenrm Posts: 3Registered Users
    You can keep the same length, but you do need layers.
    Thank you! Also, if I did get it cut APL along with layers, do you think the curls and waves would be bouncier rather than with longer layers?
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've found that my hair is much bouncier the shorter it is... just more volume, fullness, etc. Length drags my curls down (but I do have baby fine hair). Some people get more curl with length, and others with shorter hair. The only way to know is try, unfortunately.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file