Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner question

MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
Do any of you use Smooth as Silk as your daily conditioner? Just wonderinf if its OK or too much for everyday use...

Comments

• wavydazewavydaze Registered Users Posts: 2,065 Curl Novice
    I used this regularly as my RO for a long time. I liked it. I have fine hair though that does well with lots of protein
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
    I never noticed, DOES it have a lot of protein? what did you use to shampoo when you used this as a conditioner, did it stop working for you? what do you use now?
    I had a huge bottle of GSAS before, then I moved back to the US and wanted to try Cure Care. I prefer Cure Care, but now it's discontinued, so I've actually been thinking about rebuying GSAS. I bought V05 Kiwi Lime in the meantime because it's available in many places including grocery stores.`
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

I want to say at the same time I was using the GSaS or 50/50 shampoos. They're ok. I wouldn't say the GSAS ever "stopped" working for me. I just moved and didn't take whatever was leftover of my giant bottle with me overseas, lol, and then tried Cure Care. :)

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

• MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
    Our hair must be quite similar. I also have Cure Care and Kiwi Lime, and also the 50/50.. And, I have a huge bottle of the Giovanni Tea Tree conditioner, which I have used to co wash but I have concluded that my hair does not do well with daily cowashing. When I stop co washing and use a clarifying shampoo, I get an immediate lift. Have you ever tried the GVP conditioner from Sally, the Biolage dupe? or do you feel you need the shot of protein? I also have a couple of the other VO5 conditioners with protein - OK, though none are as good as SAS.
    I have tried the GVP conditioner. I know it's a favorite around here but I found it really did almost nothing for my hair. My hair does need a bit of protein!

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list