We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Best products for 2c/3a fine hair?

SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 278Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
It certainly isn't devacurl. What do you use?
__
2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
:thumbright:
Canadian Mama!

Comments

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 285Registered Users
    Well, it depends on the person (curls can be finicky!), but I have good luck with KCKT and KCCC, or in really high humidity, Curly Hair Solutions leave in conditioner and LALSG.

Technique really matters, how are you applying? I've found that applying to sopping wet hair straight out of the shower, raking it in rightside up, then scrunching upside down, then very gently scrunching out excess water with a t-shirt gives me good curl definition and clumping. I use a lot of conditioner and gel, too, which I would have thought would overwhelm my fine, thin hair, but it doesn't when applied this way.

Haircut matters, too. Getting a curly haircut made such a difference.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a (at the moment), fine, thin, highly porous, no elasticity (bleach and heat damage)
    most luck so far with KCKT and KCCC with a little jojoba oil to SOTC *tried diffusing! wow!*
    LALSG for high humidity
    SM Weightless Texture Spray for refreshing
    gelatin PT 2x per week, DT 3x per week
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 278Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes, we have similar techniques. I find that the original devacurl line is too heavy for my fine hair and the wavy hair line does not have enough moisture. I got a devacut here in Toronto about a month ago. She couldn't style my hair very well..lol It is finicky.

I have tried the Kinky Curly shampoo and their leave in.. (I liked the leave-in whcih I mostly rinse out) but I find the shampoo a bit harsh for every day use and I have no use for the spritz. The custard is great too but I think what I want to find is a good FOAM that will also do the job of a gel for my very fine hair. I am looking for weightless volume and frizz control. Maybe there is magic in the world somewhere?
    __
    Canadian Mama!
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 285Registered Users
    Creams are just too heavy for me, too. I like the moisturizing aspect, and maybe I'll revisit creams in the winter, but they drag my hair down, down, down.

What about Curl Keeper with a foam? CK is pretty light and great for frizz control. I just wonder how well foams could compare to gels in terms of frizz control, because gels prevent frizz by creating the cast, which I don't think foams do.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a (at the moment), fine, thin, highly porous, no elasticity (bleach and heat damage)
    most luck so far with KCKT and KCCC with a little jojoba oil to SOTC *tried diffusing! wow!*
    LALSG for high humidity
    SM Weightless Texture Spray for refreshing
    gelatin PT 2x per week, DT 3x per week
  • BeebopBeebop Posts: 456Registered Users
    I've used condition 3 in 1 mousse forever & occasionally Paul Mitchell sculpting foam. When I first started CG I used Bioterra gel but it doesn't seem to work as well for me now. I like my curls silky, soft & touchable and I hate the wet crunchy feel or look or the thick producty feel to my hair.

I've never been able to get KCCC to work for me as much as I wanted it to because it smells so yummy! It always bends my curls in wonky positions😂

It's been so humid here recently this summer with our Arizona monsoons so tonight I styled my hair with original sprout gel that makes my hair feel silky but not enough hold so I added one pea size of BRHG and was outside at a football game in the wind with a storm blowing in and it really didn't get frizzy! I was shocked! So I'll try it again tomorrow because everyone seems to love BRHG.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl cleanser
    Cond.- Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl conditioner
    Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Bioterra gel, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam,original sprout gel, BRHG,O'right golden rose serum, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 278Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Any feedback on devacurl's volumiing foam? I have heard good things and thought maybe it would be a great replacement for the cream that my stylist had me buy which is too heavy
    __
    Canadian Mama!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file