Help me have better Day 1 hair?? Need expert advice!

SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 379Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Kinda-newbie seeking expert help!!

I have a strange problem and I can't seem to find a topic for it.. or any help..I have better day 2 hair than day 1 hair! Why is this?

Current day 1 process: I am using up my devacurl products but have made a huge order for curl junkie stuff. Just want to try something new as i feel i can do better and have less heavy hair. I do the regular stuff when it comes to cleansing whether it be low poo or no poo day... condition and rinse upside down.. currently using deva curlingcream on sopping wet hair and finishing with curl junkie's custard. Soak up excess water scrunching upwards, still upside down, with a micro fiber towel. I do have a hood dryer so i clip up roots and dry. Scrunch out rhe crunch. I totally suck with a diffuser.

The problem is.. my first day hair does not clump or stay all day. I am a mix of 2c and 3a but day 1 i am all 2c.

Day 2: spray upside down with water and a little conditioner mixed with a little curl junkie spray gel... clip roots and dry on low in hood dryer... fabulous clumpy twirly hair!

Can you expert ladies tell this newbie how I can get better day 1 hair? I seem to have low po yet dense and fine hair. Basically a whole lot of fine stranded hair. I know you can help!
__
2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
:thumbright:
Canadian Mama!

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    For me, whenever I have less curl day 1, it means I weighed down my hair. The weight of all that water + product weighs down hair. Also if you're not clumped I wonder if a DT might help... something you wash out of your hair so you get that weightless moisture helping to clump your hair. I notice you use a custard your first day, but a spray gel on your 2nd... the custard may be too much weight for your hair perhaps?

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 379Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am having a lot of luck with Curl Junkies products (in particular.. the cleansing conditioner, smoothing conditioner, coffee-coco curling cream light) along with my kinky curly custard. The raking method suggested to me seems to make a difference as well.

My hair seems to be lacking in volume with this regime so I am playing with quantities... I also have fine and dense hair so I am reading up on lighter products for fine hair. This place has been the best for advice!! This whole curly hair thing is tricky!!!
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have low density, but baby fine hair. I've found success not using as much product initially and then putting more on later on in the drying process. Sometimes it's helpful to put on harder hold things later on. I get more volume when I squeeze out the water first, though I've liked putting irish moss serum in soaking wet hair. Also topping off my irish moss with a volume foam has been helpful to me.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file