Flat on top, curly on the bottom? DX

Rachel.JohnsRachel.Johns Posts: 5Registered Users
Hello I have 2c/3a hair. I've always had the problem where my hair, ears and up, it's wavy. (like 2a :cry:). It's flat, frizzy and I hate it. Then its 2c/3a below that. I went to the salon a couple days ago and after I got it done the top of my head was curly! This made me so happy because I thought my problem was fixed, but sure enough after I washed my hair, in the morning it became flat again. I will write what my stylist did and what my normal routine is below. Please help me fix this!

Salon:
Trim
Wash with surface curls shampoo and conditioner
Scrunch in surface curls firm hold mousse
Scrunch dry with a towel
Diffuse (just so it wasn't dripping wet)

My routine at night:
Wash with curly sexy hair shampoo and conditioner
Apply Shea coconut curling cream (this might be weighing down my hair? I have no clue)
Scrunch dry with a t-shirt
Sometimes diffuse
In the morning I spray my hair with water and scrunch

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi, :)

do any of those have any cones in the ingredients? i.e dimethicone, cyclopentsiloxane. cyclomethicone?
    those ingredients can cause gummy weighed down feeling for me i have found so avoid them. cause they are not water dissolvable so form coating on hair over time
  • Rachel.JohnsRachel.Johns Posts: 5Registered Users
    I checked and none of them have cones. My hair on top doesn't feel sticky or anything. It feels the same way as the curlier part, just a little bit frizzier.
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Use the same products your stylist used, and diffuse. I don't know about your ingredients, as I don't know what they are, but something is clearly weighing down your hair. Also are you scrunching in your product like at the salon too?
    I had a similar experience with getting less curl on day 1 than day 2 depending on my routine, and I needed to eliminate or reduce one of my products to figure out what it was.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I would try using the mousse that your styist used and then diffusing.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Rachel.JohnsRachel.Johns Posts: 5Registered Users
    Thanks for the advise! The products she used on me are kind of expensive but I got a different mousse that is amazing! I stopped using the cream and it's a little bit wavier near my ears.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file