Frizz Halo- Help!

CurlycurryCurlycurry Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello! I've used a children's relaxer on my hair for over 10 years and I decided to transition about 8 months ago. I've always still worn my hair curly even with the relaxer- I think I was mostly looking to loosen my curl pattern. I honestly don't remember my curl type but from looking at old photographs and seeing my new growth, I think it's 3b (I'm Brazilian so my hair is a mix of... Everything haha). My hair has always been pretty healthy and it grows quickly. My new growth has blended in with my relaxed hair pretty well and hasn't caused any damage so I haven't wanted to cut it. The new growth is also very soft! The only problem is that my roots (the new growth) get SO frizzy! I have these little hairs that stick up everywhere! It's especially bad when I pull my hair back. I live near the coast so the humidity and dew point are very high so even when I saturate my hair with product, the roots frizz when I step outside. I've tried so many different products and I even got a water softener system for my shower since we live in an area with very hard water. I feel like I've tried everything! Any advice or product reccomendations?

I attached a photo of my curls- excuse my bathroom mirror selfie :) If you zoom you can see the frizzy new growth!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Registered Users Posts: 338 Curl Connoisseur
    What products are you using and how are you applying them?

I live in DC, which is a sauna in the summer, and I've achieved very minimal frizz with a combo of leave in and humectant free gel (a lot of it. like, way more than seems reasonable. so much gel.) applied to soaking wet hair straight out of the shower, gently squeeze out excess water with a t-shirt, then no touching until dry (air drying fully results in less frizz than using a diffuser) and then very gently scrunching out the crunch.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Registered Users Posts: 338 Curl Connoisseur
    Also, it's also possible you're overconditioning the new growth in your efforts to keep the chemically treated hair moisturized. It's difficult not to do that, actually.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file