Product Suggestions (again)?

zwavyzwavy Posts: 30Registered Users
It's been about a year since I've been on this site, and that year has been filled with hair drama, but I have once again decided to go wavy. I used to LOVE love love Redken's Curvaceous Full Swirl cream-serum and what it did to my hair, but it's so expensive and was a bit sticky. Does anyone have suggestions on what cream-serums to use, or any other product suggestions? Hard-hold gel makes my hair super wonky.
edit: I would prefer cruelty-free or at least vegan products, which makes this search a whole lot harder.
Thanks!
2a/2b fine(ish) waves with low porosity and medium thickness.
Current shampoo (I switch it up a lot): Attitude Volume and Shine
Current conditioner (also switch up a lot): Attitude Volume and Shine (about to change to Giovanni for more moisture)
Gel: LA Looks Sport Gel
Cream: OGX Moroccan Curling Perfection
Leave-in: Nexxus Hydra-Light Weightless Moisture
I usually mix the cream/leave-in and the gel so that I have not as strong of a hold.

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Do you know what your hair properties are? Fine or coarse? High or low porosity? That would help us make good recs for you.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • zwavyzwavy Posts: 30Registered Users
    Yes! Totally forgot. I feel like I am somewhere in between fine and coarse, my hair is fairly thin, and I have low porosity.
    Current conditioner (also switch up a lot): Attitude Volume and Shine (about to change to Giovanni for more moisture)
    I usually mix the cream/leave-in and the gel so that I have not as strong of a hold.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It sounds like your hair is similar to mine. I don't use a curl creme per se, but I do use a leave-in. I have been using the As I Am leave-in in the summer, since it is very light. In the winter I switch to the Beautiful Curls one, which is heavier. I don't know if the As I Am is cruelty free; you'd have to check. I think the BC one is.

I've had in general a lot of luck with the products by Intelligent Nutrients. They're kind of pricey, but they work well for me. They are vegan and cruelty free, AFAIK. I like the Harmonizing poo and condish, and the Volumizing Foam and Volumizing Spray. (I tend to use the foam on wet hair, and the spray on dry hair.) The hairsprays are good too, except in humid weather. They have a curly hair serum, which is nice, but it makes the hair pretty soft--so it depends on what you are looking for. The last time i used it, I got compliments on how much curl I had, so it must do something!

Maybe others will chime in on other products that are cheaper and more readily available.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • zwavyzwavy Posts: 30Registered Users
    thank you so much!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file