Sticky hair from cantu Shea butter coconut curling cream

Rachel.JohnsRachel.Johns Posts: 5Registered Users
Hi I used cantu Shea butter coconut curling cream last night and when I woke up my curls looked great but my hair feels sticky. I know I didn't put more than I was supposed to and the directions say not to rince it out. What's the problem?

Comments

• Ann.MarieAnn.Marie Posts: 4Registered Users
    I find the same thing happens to my hair when I use the amount recommended. I'm not sure why my hair gets sticky but I really hate that feeling. It's pretty disappointing when you've done all that work just to have to start over again. I'm finding out that a lot of my hair care is trial and error. When I do find something that works, I write down exactly what I did so I can repeat the process. OF course, that rarely results in the same look again. I've come to understand that a lot of us curlies go through this. This is why I have my go-to styles on mornings when I need them.
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I will revisit creams in the winter, but thus far, creams = sticky gross hair for me. I don't know if it's that my hair is fine and thin or if it's because of the heat and humidity, but I'm sticking to gels for right now.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file