Would pomade help?

piccadilly13piccadilly13 Registered Users Posts: 79 Curl Neophyte
I do my hair before bed, and it's usually quite crunchy with minimal frizz in the morning. The problem is that when I sotc, the curls suddenly lose a lot of their definition (in certain areas more than other) and as the day or days go on, they become very fluffy with no hold (esp. with dews 75+ :shaking:). Would pomade help at all? It's something I haven't explored yet. I'm trying to curb my product junkie ways, but am open to it if it would help.

Thanks!!
2c/3a, fine, high porosity
curly since 4/2008, CG since 3/27/2016

cowash: as i am coconut cowash
li: kckt
styler: kccc, brhg

Comments

• AlmaPetraAlmaPetra Registered Users Posts: 104 Curl Neophyte
    What styler are you using? Maybe you need something with a stronger hold for the high humidity days...

I have a similar problem. I use Ecostyler olive oil. I love the fact that after I SOTC, no crunch remains, but the problem is that the hold itself is rather soft for my frizz-prone hair. I would have loved to be able to try products with more hold but with the same quality of "uncrunchiness"
    4a/4b, highly porous, fine hair.

Co-wash: DevaCurl No Poo Decadence, AIA Long and Luxe Cowash
    Leave-in: KCKT, Soultanicals Knot Sauce
    Stylers: UFDCM, WLXG

SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - TBL
  • piccadilly13piccadilly13 Registered Users Posts: 79 Curl Neophyte
    KCCC is my curl-forming styler - have tried lots of other things, but this is the only one that makes my curls looks how I want. I usually use gel too, and I've been using LALSG. Definitely open to other suggestions!
    2c/3a, fine, high porosity
    curly since 4/2008, CG since 3/27/2016

cowash: as i am coconut cowash
    li: kckt
    styler: kccc, brhg
  • AlmaPetraAlmaPetra Registered Users Posts: 104 Curl Neophyte
    Hmmm maybe you can layer the stronger hold product on top of the KCCC, hoping that it won't change the shape of your curl?

I can see the girls discussing a number of hard hold products in this thread here http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/180359-found-good-hard-hold-gel.html

for example BRHG and Got2be ultra glued gel.
    4a/4b, highly porous, fine hair.

Co-wash: DevaCurl No Poo Decadence, AIA Long and Luxe Cowash
    Leave-in: KCKT, Soultanicals Knot Sauce
    Stylers: UFDCM, WLXG

SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - TBL
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I think that the pomade would help if you are losing definition throughout the day, but I don't know that it would help you with the issue of scrunching out the crunch and losing definition immediately. In high dews, I normally put a little bit of pomade on my palms to SOTC. I notice that my hair holds up better throughout the day.

If you are losing definition as soon as you SOTC, I think maybe you might want to experiment with different gels. It might be your gel.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • VeexVeex Registered Users Posts: 2
    First that I've ever heard of using pomade before going to bed.

If this works for you let me know. I'm genuinely curious now! :compress:
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]The hair is the richest ornament of women. ~Martin Luther[/FONT]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file