CurlTalk

Mop Top line = TERRIBLE results What did I do wrong?

Okay so I just HAD to try the mop top line since I read LBs glowing review of the condish(it was rec'd for fine hair) I used the shampoo,condish and gel and my hair turned out the worst it has in years
just totally flat limp and stringy and a bit crunchy in parts too AHHH
Does anyone using this line have pointers for me?TIA
Lots of Fine easily weighed down 3A curls
PJ currently loving Devacare one c, CEHT,& Durahold but still searching for HGs
Finally grew out my bad layers!!!

Comments

• lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    I didn't have any better results than you did when I tried it, but I know icequeen has had great results with it. Hopefully she'll see this thread. :)
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    The gel was horrible for me. The shampoo was a little strong. I only really liked the condish. You might want to test them separately so you can see how each performs (with the rest of your normal routine as constants).
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • icequeenicequeen Posts: 590Registered Users
    My successful results from MopTop are from using the entire line. I don't care for the gel without the spray. I end up with stringy hair using it alone or with other products. I use the method suggested on their website. I've still never gotten 2nd day hair which is a negative for me. However, the line is in my rotation of products.
    3a Colored, Layered
    Currently loving:
    Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
    Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
    Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
    Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    Another thing that icequeen mentioned in another thread was not to use it on soaking wet hair. I got slightly better results using it after squeezing the water out, but still nothing fantastic. I liked the conditioner, but not enough to justify spending so much money on it.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • hrgirl314hrgirl314 Posts: 47Registered Users
    i used it for the first time this morning and so far the results are pretty good. i have been using the ArchAngell but i find it to be too heavy -- i found moptop to be much lighter. but as we have all learned from these boards everyone's hair reacts differently.
    but i washed and conditioned -- squeezed out water -- put in about a 2 quarter sized amounts of gel and then spray all of head -- combed through and plopped for 15 minutes. when i took the tshirt off of my head i applied some more spray -- scrunched and fixed. then after about another 10 minutes i rubbed some gel in my hands and did a quick scrunch around my head.
    anway, i am planning on ordering a full size gel and spray.
    good luck!!!
  • long_n_curlylong_n_curly Posts: 300Registered Users
    Thanks everyone I will try to dry my hair a bit better next time and LB you are right I think the shampoo is WAAAAY too strong for me maybe I will skip that part but try the rest again.
    Lots of Fine easily weighed down 3A curls
    PJ currently loving Devacare one c, CEHT,& Durahold but still searching for HGs
    Finally grew out my bad layers!!!
  • GrecianCurlsGrecianCurls Posts: 256Registered Users
    I tried the gel and condish... the condishioner is by far one of the most moisturing ones i have ever tried but it weighted my hair down so much that my curls started to drop, they were still very frizz free though which was nice. I used it when i went on holiday last and i think it saved my hair from being snipped off because i had so many tangles but it saved the day big time!!

The gel... i can't get on with, plus whilst my hair was drying it gave me a wet look which people started to comment on (in a negative way) a work so it had to go
    fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

HG's - Body Shop Honey shampoo & conditioner and Shea Moisture leave-in condish which gives me lovely frizz-free bouncy curls. My PJ is calling me to experiment with gels again... argh!