Sort of new here, and need some help.

gingersnapcurlygingersnapcurly Curl NeophytePosts: 12Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I used to be here before under a different username, but I didn't post much then, so I guess we'll just say I'm new.

I've been dating someone who is fragrance sensitive, and I am having the hardest time finding products that he can tolerate.

Gels I have covered, but I'm struggling with cleansing conditioners, leave in conditioners and rinse out conditioners that are fragrance-free, moisturizing, and AFFORDABLE. The one conditioner I've found that works and he can tolerate is $23 for a 16 oz. bottle. And since that conditioner (Body Time Jojoba Oil Conditioner) has to do triple duty, this simply isn't sustainable on my budget. I'm not sure I could do it even if I'm only using it as a rinse out.

I'm 3A/3B, with fine strands. My hair seems to like protein. I currently use Joico K-Pak conditioner, and my hair loves it, but he detests the scent. The only reason I can afford this is because I buy the big bottles from Marshall's for $16.99 (and it's getting harder and harder to find.)

I've received recommendations for Jessicurl already, and it's not in my budget. I really need something that's no more than $10 for 16 oz for a rinse out, about the same for a separate cleansing conditioner - I used to use Asiam Coconut Cowash cleansing conditioner, and I loved it, but...well, he didn't.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• rbbrbb Curl Connoisseur Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    are you near a whole foods? they carry their own brand, 365, and have a fragrance-free shampoo (mostly cg, it does have the a cone which is not bad as it does not build up and it is low on the ingredient list). they most likely have a fragrance-free conditioner. and it is affordable.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • gingersnapcurlygingersnapcurly Curl Neophyte Posts: 12Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    rbb wrote: »
    are you near a whole foods? they carry their own brand, 365, and have a fragrance-free shampoo (mostly cg, it does have the a cone which is not bad as it does not build up and it is low on the ingredient list). they most likely have a fragrance-free conditioner. and it is affordable.

I am near enough to a Whole Foods, and I've actually been meaning to check out their fragrance-free conditioner, but haven't managed to get there. I'm going to try this week though.
  • claudine191claudine191 Curl Connoisseur Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I hope he's worth all the trouble you're having to go to.
  • gingersnapcurlygingersnapcurly Curl Neophyte Posts: 12Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I hope he's worth all the trouble you're having to go to.

He is, and he's very appreciative. He would do the same for me if needed.
  • naturecatnaturecat Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    There's Kiss My Face; some on here use the KMF whenever conditioner as a CO wash. I used their big body conditioner before as well. Is it just chemical fragrances, or any fragrances, such as essential oils which would be bothersome? Aubrey Organics has natural fragrances. You can dilute rinse out conditioners about 50% and use them as leave in.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
    naturecat wrote: »
    There's Kiss My Face; some on here use the KMF whenever conditioner as a CO wash. I used their big body conditioner before as well. Is it just chemical fragrances, or any fragrances, such as essential oils which would be bothersome? Aubrey Organics has natural fragrances. You can dilute rinse out conditioners about 50% and use them as leave in.

It's chemical or natural fragrances. He can tolerate some essential oils for a short time, but it's easier if I just go with fragrance-free. I think I'm just going to buy the fragrance-free jojoba oil conditioner to use only on the nights that I'll see him, and he'll reimburse me for it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file