Will my hair ever be thick again? :(

awakeninqawakeninq Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi, I'm a 17 year old high school student and my hair has gotten thin. I used to have super thick hair when I was younger. My mom would always keep my hair braided or twisted up until I got to middle school and started wanting straight hair. My hair straightening days started in 8th grade when I constantly begged my mom to straighten my hair. My hair was always so thick that whenever she tried to straighten it, It would just poof up and revert back to curly. I never appreciated that until now lol. Two years ago, I discovered Beautiful Textures straightening system and I used it in my hair. When I straightened it, my hair was moving, and it was bone straight. But even though Beautiful Textures promised me NO heat damage, I had tons. And the back of my hair began to break off and fall out. Luckily, the front of my hair is thickening up but I feel like the back of my hair will never be as thick and long as it was before. I kind of see it thickening out, But still, It scares me how thin the back of my hair has gotten. To most it may not be as thin but I can see through it and it's very straggly. I'm planning on investing in some Jamaican Black Castor Oil to thicken up my hair but, I don't know if it will work? My brother has dreads and his hair is amazingly thick and long and he has used Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Do you guys think this product can work for me?

(My profile picture is old by the way, it's actually a year old, maybe less.)

Comments

• marleenymarleeny Posts: 10Registered Users
    I don't know if it will go back to how thick it was, but if you take care of it pretty well moving foward, then I'm sure some of the thickness (or maybe all the thickness) will come back. I am on the same path of trying to have my hair thick as it used to be, because I had the bright idea of thinning out of my hair one day. That was about 7 months ago...since then, I've been trying to baby and pamper my hair so that it can get back to the way it was before and so far it's happening...it's just slooowly happening. So, all I can say is give yourself time, master patience, and give your hair whatever it needs. My results are coming in slowly, but they ARE happening, so I'm sure you'll see results too, so long as you take care of your hair.

As for the product you mentioned, I'm sorry but I don't know much about it. If it works for your brother, then it could work for you also, you just have to see how your hair will take it in because there could still be a difference in how his hair takes it in and how yours will.
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    As long as you didn't damage your scalp, your hair will eventually grow back and be as thick and as long as it was before. Hair, on average, only grows half an inch a month, so it will take time.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • maniamania Posts: 56Registered Users
    It might be if you don't take care of your hair properly...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file