Back of my hair looks straggly !

krispykrispy Registered Users Posts: 320
Hi all , tried to post pic but having technical difficulties . Anyway, back of my hair is straggly , it is kinda poofy and dry at ends and it doesn't clump together . It separates into different pieces . Without a pic , anyone have any thoughts ? Thanks !
2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    My guess would be either styling product build-up or else protein overload. When I've overdone the protein, my hair doesn't like to clump.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • krlykrly Registered Users Posts: 25 Curl Neophyte
    I have this issue too and I recently had an epiphany about it...I think it might be damage caused by friction from sitting in my favorite chair at home (a recliner that is soft but has raised threads that could be grabbing/damaging my hair). I think the back of my hair (particularly one section) is naturally dryer than the rest of my hair anyway, and more prone to breakage. But the chair is probably exacerbating the issue.

I only recently stopped drying my hair with standard bath towels and now I'm rethinking my seating arrangement (lol). I may even invest in some new satin pillow cases. I'm hoping the combination of these efforts will help the back of my hair. I am also thinking of using a leave in conditioner, just in the back (I don't typically use LI's because they weigh down my hair).

I'm not sure if any of this applies to you or not, but I thought I'd share my experience just in case.

Good luck!

Fine, curly/wavy, prone to breakage. Still figuring out curl pattern...3A on some days (only w/ product), 2C on others (but not coarse). Would love help on hair-typing! Low porosity (I think). I thought it was low-density, but a hairstylist told me I have tiny hairs growing in underneath that break, so that's why it's thin). Product junkie; will update when I settle on a routine. Experimenting. (Join date is '13 but I only really started using this site in June '16. Feeling hopeful).
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    If all else fails, a trim or dusting off the ends can help wake up the curl again and clump it better (assuming clarifying, chelating, moisture, protein, etc all don't work).

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    Do you think it could be a product distribution issue? The back of my hair always looks less defined and a bit frizzier than the rest and I wonder if I don't get the product there the same - I do try but I can't seem to get it right. I also wonder if krly might have a point with friction maybe being an issue, I try to remember to move my hair out of the way when I'm lazing on the settee but don't always do it, I'm sure it doesn't help matters.
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file