Lush ?

OpraleOprale Registered Users Posts: 18
Hello curlies !

I recently found the '' Lush '' brand and I'd like to try their shampoo bars, however I am mixed about the ingredients they contain. It has sulfates. Apart from that however, the ingredients are very tempting. In this article, Lush defends it's use of SLS : https://uk.lush.com/article/dont-stress-about-sls

Here's the bit that gets my attention :

'' Shampoo bars are a good alternative for sensitive scalps, mainly because of the way they are used. A single shampoo bar is the equivalent to three 200ml bottles of liquid shampoo, so although they contain a very high concentration of SLS — up to 90% — the risk of irritation is very low because only the foam is applied to the hair and scalp. ''

Here's a couple of examples of their shampoo bar labels :

Lullaby :

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Sodium Bicarbonate , Oat Milk (Avena sativa) , Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis) , Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) , Fragrance , French Lavender Oil (Lavandula Angustifolia) , Roman Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis) , Lavender Absolute (Lavandula Angustifolia) , Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara) , *Linalool , Red 4 , Red 27 . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Honey I Washed My Hair :

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Honeycomb (Beeswax) , Fair Trade Honey , Fragrance , Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , Water (Aqua) , *Limonene , *Linalool , Amyl Cinnamal , Citronellol , Lilial . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Avocado Co-Wash :

Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao) , Rosemary; Lavender Flower and Nettle Infusion (Rosmarinus Officinalis; Lavandula Angustifolia; Urtica Dioica) , Fresh Avocado (Persea gratissima) , Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate , Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Fragrance , Glycerine , Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate , Cider Vinegar , Guar Gum (Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , Litsea Cubeba Oil , Olibanum Oil (Boswella Carterii) , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , Amyl Cinnamal , *Cinnamal , *Cinnamyl Alcohol , *Citral , *Limonene , *Linalool , Chlorophyllin . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

The prices are fairly low, between 10 and 15$ CAD.
Do you think it's worth a try ?

Comments

• OneEveningOneEvening Registered Users Posts: 14
    I was looking into Lush recently but I noticed the same thing and I'll admit I was a little disappointed about it. Does having ingredients like avocado oil perhaps 'cancel out' the stripping that the sulphates cause, in a sense? I mean in terms of adding moisture back in.
    There are some other good ingredients in these products. But I kind of would have liked to see lush without ingredients like sulphates.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file