CurlTalk

dimethicone and amodemethicone question.

I just saw this on a thread. "For the dimethicone you need a sulfate. For the amodimethicone, you shouldn't." I thought that both of these cones could be removed with coco betaine. That is what I saw on a different thread. I know the dimethicone is the stronger cone, right? I have been using it in some of my products lately because I have been using low-poo. Please advise. Now I am so confused.z0tdntknw.gif

Comments

• wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    Yep, the coco-betaine is correct, unless they reeeeaaallly build up on you, then using sulfates would be needed - and if you had this problem, the amodimethicone also would need a sulfate to remove.
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    For future reference, here's the link to the article that details which ingredient removes what: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlcolumns/articles.php?id=5341
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • MoosemarcyMoosemarcy Posts: 157Registered Users
    Thanks for the link. How do you know when your hair has buildup? I know it can be dryer but what does your hair feel like when you know you need to get rid of the buildup? I so far have not had a problem. I know everyone's hair is different. But I am using both of these cones and have for awhile and have not used a sulfate poo for over a month.
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    Sometimes the hair will just feel "coated" after a rinse or may not want to detangle; when dry it may feel rough, look dull or suddenly won't curl uniformly. No problems = no buildup. :)
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)