New to 3c hair and seeking help

TigistTigist Posts: 1Registered Users
Hey!
So I'm 15 yrs old and I recently have been admiring my curls. I use to wear my hair in a bun everyday at school. Currently the shampoo and conditioner I am using is the ogx renewing Aegean oil of morocco ( blue bottle) . I have been washing my hair with cold water at the end and deing my hair with a tshirt... I HAVE A QUESTION do I apply my styling cream then dry my hair or the other way around? After I dry my hair, I apply the Shea moisturizer curl enhancing smoothie . Then I let my hair air dry. I don't know what my porosity is yet but my hair becomes dry in an instant and turns into a fro in like 3 hrs. At night I put my hair in a bun and sleep with my satin scarf and pillow case. Day two hair dosent come out to well. My hair has like a mark from what I slept on so I just spray my hair to refresh my curls. I also deep condition every weekend. ANY TIPS . ( I tried to upload q picture but it said it failed.)

Comments

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Apply your products to soaking wet hair, scrunch, then scrunch with the towel to get out the dripping wet, then air dry. Don't touch! Once it's dry, gently scrunch out any crunch from the product.

You should look up plopping, too. There's videos on it. It helps dry your hair without losing curl.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 312Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sounds like you need to stop drying your hair at all, at least not until you've styled. Also, I may have missed your styler. A styler is going to form a film to hold your hair in its style.

I personally do the LCO to moisturize my hair followed by a gel. All of this is done on SOAKING wet hair. I let it air dry or sit under a dryer.

My hair lasts nearly a week.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file