anyone use Kirkland shampoo?

sdkittysdkitty Curl NovicePosts: 360Registered Users Curl Novice
I have 3a hair, color treated, dry, porous. When I buy shampoo I look for sulfate free. I saw online that Kirkland shampoo was supposedly the same as very expensive Pureology.
It's suflate free, paraben free.

But someone here on NC says its bad because it has cones.
I saw this after buying it.

Deciding whether to try it for a couple of times anyway or return it.

Does anyone here use it?
I did use the Kirkland conditioner a few years back. It seemed OK at first and then after a while it seemed like my hair was kind of dry so I stopped using it.

Do you all stay away from cones?

thanks for any advice

Comments

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Curl Connoisseur Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's one of the water soluble silicones, which some people have issues with, but lots of people don't.

I found an extensive breakdown of the ingredients, which may help you. https://www.truthinaging.com/review/sulfate-free-salon-quality-shampoo-from-costco

I've never tried Kirkland toiletries, but I've tried other Kirkland items and have not been disappointed yet.They seem to be very high quality, at least for what I've tried.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • sdkittysdkitty Curl Novice Posts: 360Registered Users Curl Novice
    It's one of the water soluble silicones, which some people have issues with, but lots of people don't.

I found an extensive breakdown of the ingredients, which may help you. https://www.truthinaging.com/review/sulfate-free-salon-quality-shampoo-from-costco

I've never tried Kirkland toiletries, but I've tried other Kirkland items and have not been disappointed yet.They seem to be very high quality, at least for what I've tried.

thanks
    I was reading the many complicated ingredients on the bottle....very long list....I guess I could try it for a few times and see how it does

Unless I can talk DH into using it too, this bottle will last a very long time. I only shampoo about twice a week....vowed not to buy huge bottles of hair products as I like to change from time to time
  • sdkittysdkitty Curl Novice Posts: 360Registered Users Curl Novice

decided to keep it and tried it once....jury is still out. Will have to see how my hair behaves after multiple uses. It did seem like my hair was a bit tangled and hard to run the conditioner thru but not sure this was the fault of the shampoo. Smell was fine for me and it made quite a bit of lather - not necessarily a good thing.
    If I don't like it, costco will take it back.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file