Diy Hair Products for dry high porosity 4b

Patricia.PinPatricia.Pin Registered Users Posts: 16
so in my last post i was asking for some help for my dry, brittle hair.
And i was think about doing some diy leave in and styling cream from scracth.
I saw a video from Duchessgabrielle, i'm feeling inspired. Because i've failed to find a good leave in or styling cream

This are my ideas : ? is for the ingredients i'm not sure if i will use

For my leave in (Goal - creamy but not too thick) :
Water
Aloe vera juice
Marshmallow roots?
Fatty alcohol cetearyl or stearyl
Mango butter
jojoba oil
Vitamin E
tiny bit of glycerin
hydrolyged liquid protein?
beeswax and/or Btms
Some preservative

For my styling cream ( Goal - Creamy and thick but not greasy)
Water
Aloe vera juice?
Marshmallow roots
Flaxseed gel
Mango butter
Avocado oil
Grapeseed oil
jojoba oil
beeswax and/or Btms
Some preservative

Ps : i think i'm protein sensitive and my hair hate oil and butters. It feels greasy af

I will buy each product and make my product.

Give me any suggestions either this is good or not for my dry, high porosity hair.
Also give any other options in terms of ingredients

Stay blesse

Comments

• AfromuffinAfromuffin Registered Users Posts: 158
    Sounds good. I will say that it can be a bit costly to buy all those things at once.
    I recommend trying multipurpose things so you won't become a product junkie. For example, my hair hates straight coconut oil, but I can use it as deoderant and body lotion. Just because things are natural doesn't mean that there won't be trial and error.
    Make simple mixes and see if your hair likes them, then go on to more complex things.
  • Patricia.PinPatricia.Pin Registered Users Posts: 16
    Afromuffin wrote: »
    Sounds good. I will say that it can be a bit costly to buy all those things at once.
    I recommend trying multipurpose things so you won't become a product junkie. For example, my hair hates straight coconut oil, but I can use it as deoderant and body lotion. Just because things are natural doesn't mean that there won't be trial and error.
    Make simple mixes and see if your hair likes them, then go on to more complex things.
    I know , i know
    Actually i was thinking about making a mixture with kinky curly knot today( not like kimmaytube). I've never tried it , but from the ingredients list it's seems good.
    Perhaps mixing with some light butters and oils ( mango butter, jojoba oil or grapessed oil), and add some water to it for more moisture,

Thank u
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    Are you certain of your hair's porosity? One of the hallmarks of highly porous hair is needing more protein because it helps seals the gaps in the cuticle that causes our hair to be drier. You may not need protein every day but if you find you don't need it at all you may have normal or low porosity hair and should follow the moisturizing techniques they find effective.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file