Heat Damage Transition

gluestikgluestik Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello! I'm new to the natural hair world & really need some help. I'm taking down my sew in tomorrow & then letting it breathe for 2 weeks before I get marley twists. (This is my last sew in 😥) And I'm not sure how I should go about it. I can't decide between doing an ACV rinse or a mayo protein treatment.
I'm trying to repair the heat damage of my leave out & prevent breakage.
Help please!

Comments

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Registered Users Posts: 338 Curl Connoisseur
    ACV isn't going to repair anything.

You really want moisturization here, with protein to help your hair hold onto the moisture. That means deep conditioning treatments, even adding olive oil to your conditioner and letting it sit with heat for an hour can make a world of difference.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • ManesNaturalsManesNaturals Registered Users Posts: 17
    I have had severe heat damage many years ago, and unfortunately you can not reverse or undo it.
    Slowly transition out of your heat damage, and instead opt for styles and hair where your leave-out does need any heat.
    Baby the hair, I am talking about making sure your hair has a good moisture and protein balance, look after the porosity of the hair, and use monitor the pH of your products.
    Full bra strap length, flirting with mid back length
    Chronic Protective Styler. Anti Knots Warrior. 5 years being natural, so have become quite the kitchen alchemist.
    Check out my website:
    manesnaturals.bigcartel.com
    Follow me on instagram:
    instagram.com/manesnaturals

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file